SIR 9 Eccentric BB Trouble- Mtbr.com
    c_klein87

SIR 9 Eccentric BB Trouble

I've had my niner about a month and still can't get the eccentric bb dialled, I've set it up according to the instructions, using the ptfe tape and sanding the shell etc but it keeps slipping, and I don't know why =( it has been really cold in the UK but it can't be that! any help greatly appreciated!

Low Rep Count
    I don't know all the folks that have Niners out there but I do know that Mattlock has a new carbon air that he has been on for the past few months. Might be worth getting ahold of him. Check the weight weenies section as he has a couple of thread going about his new Niner Carbon set up. I would shoot him a PM to see if he did anything special. Good luck.

c_klein87
    oh cool ok i'll give it a try cheers

30-ton War Machine
    ask Niner. The usual thing I have seen on these is that people aren't running the fixing bolts tight enough on the EBB.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

Face the Shell

I had the bottom bracket faced on a new $99 Access frame and those are SERIOUS cutting tools. I would start there and follow instructions from Niner ( I have a SIR 9 ) and oil the Btm Bracket every other ride (lame) and every time I wash bike. I really like a quiet bike for a ss. I didn't listen to my friends saying " horizontal dropouts ".

Sim
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have a Sir 9 and the lbs gave me a delrin washer, It works perfect. Clean the shell and Bio-Centric put a washer between the shell and Bio-Centric, tighten down and ride. No slips, creaks, noise or anything else. When it's time to adjust still no problems. The lbs made the washer from a sheet. It needs to slip over the Bio-Centric and spin freely. I dremeled it to fit as close as I could get it. The frame is new and I only have a hundred or so miles on it, so time will tell if it works long term. Riders from the lbs have been using this setup with success for over a year.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    teflon tape did not work on mine so I used graphite permatex anti-seize....been creak free

Members who have read this thread: 0