singulator- Mtbr.com

Thread: singulator

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

singulator

ok, i want to know is it better to have surly singulator in up or down position on 18 rear cog? I was reading on Surly web that the 18 rear cog is to have best because there`s more theeth. I put my Singulator in up position but it isn`t good tension like on down position.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damjan
    ok, i want to know is it better to have surly singulator in up or down position on 18 rear cog? I was reading on Surly web that the 18 rear cog is to have best because there`s more theeth. I put my Singulator in up position but it isn`t good tension like on down position.
    Did you switch the internal spring for the "up tension" version that came with the Singleator? If you didn't, that's the problem. If you did, it sounds like adjustment issues from what you posted...because "up" works a lot better on my 18...

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Damjan
    I run mine in the "push up" mode. I also use an 18t, but that is only by choice. If you can get your chain pretty tight without the tensioner, up mode works great. But with too much slack, up can be tough. To get mine close as possible, I used a Spicer half-link and all is well and no chain skipping on the uphill grunts. Still would rather run an ENO hub, but that will have to wait.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanx, everything is fine now, adjustment problem: solved :-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have taken out the spring and now it works better, sort of Soulcraft Convert or Forge, i think running tensioner springless is better because the chain is in place all the time...