Singlespeeding in Sedona, AZ- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Singlespeeding in Sedona, AZ

I'm looking for some good singlespeed rides in Sedona, AZ. I'll be there June 25-27 so early morning starts is a must. Anybody know of any good rides there?

viva la v-brakes!

everywhere

Sedona is great for single speeds because most of the climbs are fairly short. However it will be whicked hot there in late June, yuck.

Submarine Rock and Chicken Point are popular, but I'd go backwards, Little Horse trail to Chicken Trail (or Llama Loop to Little Horse to Chicken Point) because going the normal way (From Sub. Rock up to Chicken Point) is a whicked steep climb, though the jeep road might be doable.

I really like the Cathedral Rock "Loop". Though I usually just do an out and back to avoide the long (boring) road miles) starting at the Bell Rock Pathway/179 out on Tempelton along Buddha Beach, continuing onto the Baldwin Trail until you hit the road, then back the same way. The trail is fun in both directions. Plus that's twice you get to go by the stream and take a dip.

Huckabee to Jim Thomson and onward all the way to Chimney Rock is a great ride. Best done in that direction, and early, very exposed and hot.

Ledgey and Airy kicks butt too. Munds Wagon Road Trail (parallels Shnebly Hill Road) is a long climb, with great view on top and isn't too tough on the single speed (epecially on the way back down). I think a lot of people ride up the road and back down the trail, it's a bit easier.

Really you can't go wrong in Sedona.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.