My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004

Singlespeeding Scotland (X-Post)

Lots of Pics from before and after the SS Euros, a while back now, but these things take time to mature.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=55344
    Wibble

mtbr member
    Cracking looking pics seb , it was amazing weather up there on the weekend of the race..... really lucky considering what the following week was like......I tried to do the burma rd on the following thursday but as soon as i crested the long road climb up to the 'Alistair Polson', memorial stone, the weather took a turn for the worse and cloud/mist really closed in - visability dropped to 'yards' and the rain was incredibly cold and driving horizontly so i beat a hasty "very high speed" retreat back down the hill and did the route through to Loch Einich and up the l/hand fork to Am Bodach, round the horseshoe bowl at end of loch , down the Sgor Gaoith ridge to the Argyll stone on Creag Dhubh and a blinder of a descent down to the bothy at the back of Loch Gamhna then through to Loch an Eiliein ,back through the race ride-out route and collapsed in a heap at the coffee house across from Bothy bikes.

Much coffee and cake later i finally managed to drag my carcass back to the chalet - fantastic ride though, can't wait to get back next year.

I was the "Singlespeed Newbie" on the Soulcraft , The first time i rode a SS was 2days previous to the race but can honestly say i'm addicted to the "buzz" now , done over 1000 mile on it since the race and still "itch" to get out on it at every opportunity , quite handy as i stay within 1/2hr of the 7stanes at Kirroughtree/Dalbeattie/Mabie.....Mucho riding to be done.