which singlespeed wheels- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

which singlespeed wheels

reasonably cheap as nothing extreme being done on them,will fit slim tyres for around town but occasionally may fit a 2.1 knobbly

qr front and whatever the standard is on the rear{never had or looked at a singlespeed before}26" and not too heavy would be nice but without spending a fortune

thanks in advance

Lee

I put this in wheels and tires also but thought I should put it in here

Retro Grouch
    I for one am going to need more information. First, define "not too expensive"; would $440 fall into your category? Also are you looking for a SS specific rear wheel, or will a standard (spaced) hub do?
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Off the back...
    I'd say, how skinny a tire do you want to run around town? If you have disc brakes, it's easy to run a 700C skinny set and a 26" knobby set....
    @pinkrobeyyc
    #pinkrobeyyc

local trails rider
    Define "reasonably cheap".

I have a couple of years on Hope Pro2 hubs (SS/trials rear) and Mavic rims from Chainreaction Cycles in Northern Ireland. No worries,

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    $400 ish would be fine,tyres I don't know tbh,just something that would suit paved routes and gravel tracks,I want to build this as a trainer bike for around town so I can get out without the drive to the mountains,I'm finding i can't be bothered riding my normal bike unless I go for a big day out which has meant I only go out once a week at most and fitness has go terrible

so feel free to suggest tyres aswell
    back hub would probably be great with a normal hub then the wheels would be more versatile{providing it works just aswell as a setup}so please just show me a good conversion kit if possible

thanks for all your input as I know nothing about singlespeeding and have never tried it before

Members who have read this thread: 0