Singlespeed vids- Mtbr.com
    nothing to see here

Good job! Singlespeed vids

Here's a couple of videos I made recently of me on my Kona Unit. The second one has already been posted in Passion, but I remade the first one properly today.

Enjoy it best in 480p.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n8vv1y9j9FI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n8vv1y9j9FI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdOhr5GroVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdOhr5GroVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

"No Clue Crew"
    Cool Videos. Thanks for sharing............Drew

Out spokin'
    Oscar nomination!

--sParty

P.S. Where?
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Fantastic videos, thanks for sharing !
    Where is this and what gearing are you using ?

nothing to see here
    Thanks fellas.

The vids were shot in Victoria, Australia. Gearing is 33:19.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    nothing special but here some more single speed videos of me and the clowns i ride with. the oldest bradbury mountain one is great! as is fort rock ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dubthang stupid me forgot to post link sorry kids
    Last edited by nickcarll; 11-17-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    stumpjumper 29 evo
    Jabberwocky
    Gt peace 9'r
    SE Lager

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Sweet videos. Nice editing. Which system did you use?
    Last edited by SSteel; 11-18-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    this space left intentionally blank

Ovaries on the Outside
    Holy crap **** balls!!

Good wideos. I was absolutely amazed that you could ride a SS 29er without an alt bar. Consider my mind blown.

The second video was swank, because the song was awesome and I could sing along and pretend like I had appreciation for improvisation. I don't.

We could totally ride together. Never get air, and I'd need lots of stops for water and reassurance that koalas are not aggressive. Next time you are in Orygun, give sParty a ring. If he is busy, I'll try to make some room in my schedule for someone with a weird accent.

mtbr member
    Nice stuff !! - if I watch something and it makes me want to get out and ride then it must be all good. I've been meaning to do something like this for quite some time but, slacker that I am, I haven't got round to it yet.

Who was the music in the second video? - the cover of the Radiohead song "You do it to yourself". Nice, whoever it is, but then I'm a sucker for trombone solos

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Holy crap **** balls!!

Good wideos. I was absolutely amazed that you could ride a SS 29er without an alt bar. Consider my mind blown.

The second video was swank, because the song was awesome and I could sing along and pretend like I had appreciation for improvisation. I don't.

We could totally ride together. Never get air, and I'd need lots of stops for water and reassurance that koalas are not aggressive. Next time you are in Orygun, give sParty a ring. If he is busy, I'll try to make some room in my schedule for someone with a weird accent.
    Koalas are fine. Their close relative, the drop bears, are b!tchin' aggressive. The bars have a 17 degree sweep, so I'm getting there. You're the one with the weird accent. Would love to ride Orygun. Is that in Canadia?

The song is a Mark Ronson version of "Just" by Radiohead, featuring Alex Greenwald. Glad you all liked it.
    Last edited by Stevob; 11-18-2010 at 05:55 PM.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Is there a lot of good riding around? As a (possibly) soon to return Melbournian ex-pat I am interested to know...

mtbr member
    Cool videos. Looks like you have some sweet ST down under!
    If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.

Rides, Reviews, Races and Random Thoughts

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteel
    Sweet videos. Nice editing. Which system did you use?
    Thanks, I used a Canon IXUS 70 7.1mp digital camera and then used Windows Movie Maker to put it all together.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by unharmed
    Is there a lot of good riding around? As a (possibly) soon to return Melbournian ex-pat I am interested to know...
    There is more than you can imagine, and more still on the way. All different levels of difficulty too. How long have you been away?

PM me when you return, and I'll show you around.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Oh sweet. That's good news. We've been gone 6 years so far. Thanks for the offer - I'll take you up on that although it may not be until after the Olympics :-)

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob
    Koalas are fine. Their close relative, the drop bears, are b!tchin' aggressive. The bars have a 17 degree sweep, so I'm getting there. You're the one with the weird accent. Would love to ride Orygun. Is that in Canadia?

The song is a Mark Ronson version of "Just" by Radiohead, featuring Alex Greenwald. Glad you all liked it.
    Orygun is about an inch closer to the equator than Canadia.

I have a weird accent, too.

FWIW umarth and I live within 15 miles of one another but we have yet to ride together. I'm not convinced he actually rides bicycles.

I like the first vid; this has as much to do with the music as the actual video part. I like Efficient Machine by the Swedish dude and the "these are the pictures" sequence is jah. Nice.

Look us up when you get here. If you like the trails you've got over there, you'll squeal when you reach Orygun.

Bring a banjo.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks so much. Those were great fun!

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    FWIW umarth and I live within 15 miles of one another but we have yet to ride together. I'm not convinced he actually rides bicycles.

--sParty
    Also, to be fair, I'm the only one of the two of us we've actually seen at a trailhead with a mountain bike...

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Bring a banjo.

--sParty
    yeah...ok...sure thing

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1tqxzWdKKu8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1tqxzWdKKu8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

Members who have read this thread: 0