Single Speed and the occult- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    Single Speed and the occult

    Is this real? single speed and the occult go hand in hand?

    When I ride single speed, I feel like I am possessed by an angry baboon demon, ready to jump on the trail or road, and play the volcano fiddle with a pack of camels, as in cigarettes.

  2. #2
    What could go wrong ...
    Reputation: Zoke2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,996
    its just another internet rumor ... try snopes
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

    While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

  3. #3
    Yo.
    Reputation: Slow Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    465
    Doesn't everyone run 66.6 gear inches? It's not just me, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I am a poser. But forums.poser.com doesn't seem to exist, so I come here instead.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004
    Some times, I feel like my bike is watching me. I am sleeping, and the bike is watching me through the window... and right as I am waking up, I hear a freewheel getting fainter in the distance.

    One time, an old Indian healer told me that in the northern hills, there is a possessed Magna bike. It was left to rust in the rain by its 14 year-old owner, and an evil spirit, heeding its call for mercy, got inside the bike and now roams forests... in the dark. If its quiet enough, one can get the chills by hearing the squeaky chain and noisy hubs up and down the hills. The bike just plunders and stories circulate that it goes inside unlocked homes, looking for sausages to eat.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,542
    SS + drop bars = demonic.

    SS + drop bars + fixed gear = satan

  6. #6
    Come see me after class
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Eddie
    Doesn't everyone run 66.6 gear inches? It's not just me, right?

    and 666mm handlebars

  7. #7
    Did I catch a niner+?
    Reputation: Mr Pink57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,954
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

  8. #8
    smell the saddle...
    Reputation: stumonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    612
    I sure hope so. Possession is by far my ultimate long-term goal in life.

    Until then Iíll dream what Val Kilmer dreamsÖ (credited to AHTBM sticker collection)

  9. #9
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    9,620
    Quote Originally Posted by stumonky
    ... Possession is by far my ultimate long-term goal in life. ...
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

    --Sparty
    Would Hellboy ride a single speed?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40
    Dude, why are you giving this away? Did you skip that session at our cult initiation? You do not talk about this outside of the SS cult! What the hell?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by rocdoc
    Dude, why are you giving this away? Did you skip that session at our cult initiation? You do not talk about this outside of the SS cult! What the hell?
    Does this mean I have to give myself a circumcision? even though I already have one?

  13. #13
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,366
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Some times, I feel like my bike is watching me. I am sleeping, and the bike is watching me through the window... and right as I am waking up, I hear a freewheel getting fainter in the distance.

    One time, an old Indian healer told me that in the northern hills, there is a possessed Magna bike. It was left to rust in the rain by its 14 year-old owner, and an evil spirit, heeding its call for mercy, got inside the bike and now roams forests... in the dark. If its quiet enough, one can get the chills by hearing the squeaky chain and noisy hubs up and down the hills. The bike just plunders and stories circulate that it goes inside unlocked homes, looking for sausages to eat.
    Where I live, haunted Magna's squeak up and down the bike lanes and wander unpredictably slowly on the bike paths.

    I'm a Magna Hunter. When I see one, I approach with the Holy Vestments of Spandex and Bicycle Caps to ward off their evil. Then I spray their chain with the Holy Chainlube to drive out the Beast, then proselytize them while I adjust their rubbery brakes before blessing them with proper PSIs and send them out into the world, to preach the Go-spel.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.