Single is as single does (29" board X-Post)- Mtbr.com
    This place needs an enema

Single is as single does (29" board X-Post)

There's a new bike in my life. I've been riding her for about 2 weeks.

I'm really impressed with the overall package, but the Jones H-Bars are what wowed me the most. Some of you may have noticed that I sold off three different bars last week--two ti titecs and an LP carbon riser. Because I always run my SS's rigid, I prefer to have the most comfortable bar possible to make up for that. Well, all of my old favorites are gone now, and the Jones is here to stay. Wider effective hand position means leverage to spare, better control, and an open, gasping-friendly hand/arm/chest/shoulder position. It all adds up to being better than anything else I've tried to date. 'Nuff said...

The pics tell a better story than my words do, so here goes...

MC
    Attached Images Attached Images

try driving your car less

wow

wow. that's pretty cool. thank christ i am not allergic to titanium or i'd be reaching for the medication right now.
    what kind of grips you got going on there?
    put a red flowery plastic basket on the bars and that thing would be unbeatable!
    again, nice ride!
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member

Nice bike, but...

It's that bar I'm diggin'. How much did you part with for that? Did you get to specify anything, like angle, width, gauge, etc? Or does he just have pre-made ones to sell? I see that your "horns" are shorter than the ones on his webpage... did you trim them, or did he make them shorter for you? So many questions...
    -Porkchop

Its too warm here....
    [QUOTE=jh_on_the_cape]
    what kind of grips you got going on there?
    QUOTE]

It looks like he's got some double wrapped Cinelli bar tape on there. The Trek VW XC team does the same thing as well as super weight weenies.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick." T.R. Roosevelt

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    There's a new bike in my life. I've been riding her for about 2 weeks.

I'm really impressed with the overall package, but the Jones H-Bars are what wowed me the most. Some of you may have noticed that I sold off three different bars last week--two ti titecs and an LP carbon riser. Because I always run my SS's rigid, I prefer to have the most comfortable bar possible to make up for that. Well, all of my old favorites are gone now, and the Jones is here to stay. Wider effective hand position means leverage to spare, better control, and an open, gasping-friendly hand/arm/chest/shoulder position. It all adds up to being better than anything else I've tried to date. 'Nuff said...

The pics tell a better story than my words do, so here goes...

MC
    I like the H-Bars better than any straight bar I have used but flared dropbars are still much better overall for me - especially on the descents and fast twisties.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0