This should fixie it- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

This should fixie it

Have been tinkering about this fixie thing for some time now to make the road more fun and challenging. When I came across this Rossin track bike the other day I just had to buy it.

I think it is a late 70īs or early 80īs modell, all original except for the stem, which I will change once I find one suited for the job. Even the Cinelli saddle is original. Full campa record, even the pedals, Mavic clincher rims and Aero spokes. The pedals have to go though. Need to put some nice EBīs on there.

I have had one ride on it and it was extremly fun and scary both at the same time. I live on top of a fairly steep hill, so I had to learn how to brake right away. I feel like I somehow cheated death there for a while

www.terrengsykkel.no

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

nice

I just did the same thing with a Gazelle I found at a garage sale for $2.00. I wimped out and put a front brake on after a couple of close calls with a car and a ped.

ride on(e)

do you want to sell the pedals?

I'm working on "project fixie" and am going to need some nice track pedals

Are they in good condition? If you want to sell, let me know how much?

mtbr member

I wouldn't call it "wimping"

Quote Originally Posted by Chainwhipped
    I just did the same thing with a Gazelle I found at a garage sale for $2.00. I wimped out and put a front brake on after a couple of close calls with a car and a ped.
    Big props to anyone that can ride brakeless and do so safely, but it's certainly not for me. I like having the security of a front brake. Not to mention heavy resisting/backpedaling is widely reputed to be hard on your knees, so I find myself using the front brake to slow myself down occasionally.

It is fun to lay down a big fat skid every once in a while though. Had a nice long skid to trackstand transition today on the ride home when a stale green went yellow sooner than I was expecting. Could have just as easily blown through it with time to spare, but the tires on there now are due for replacement so I might as well have some fun before putting the new ones on.

-Trevor

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorInSoCal
    Big props to anyone that can ride brakeless and do so safely, but it's certainly not for me. I like having the security of a front brake. Not to mention heavy resisting/backpedaling is widely reputed to be hard on your knees, so I find myself using the front brake to slow myself down occasionally.
    I wish I could put a frontbrake on there, but I canīt. To bad really. At least then it would have been somewhat more user friendly

Sveinung
    www.terrengsykkel.no

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS'r in Kansas
    I'm working on "project fixie" and am going to need some nice track pedals

Are they in good condition? If you want to sell, let me know how much?
    The pedals are in mint condition, but I am planing on keeping them. It would also be pretty expencive to ship them all the way from Norway

Sveinung
    www.terrengsykkel.no