Shimano SS 110 BCD 34t chainring?- Mtbr.com
    Retro Grouch

Shimano SS 110 BCD 34t chainring?

Recently I decided to finally breakdown and replace the chainring on my square taper Race Face crank; it's the old standard size, 5 arm 110bcd. I had an NOS 34t Salsa that I mounted, but I like to have one in reserve so I did a google search and turned up a gray Shimano FC-6750 compact chainring @ $18- $21(road compact uses the same "touring" standard 110 bcd). http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-CHRG81...ltegra+110+34t . I looked at the below chainring; no pins or ramps so I bought one. I don't know if I will switch out the Salsa with the Shimano or just relegate it to the parts bin until it's needed. Anyone have any experience with these?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Dinner for wolves
    You have the chainring and the cranks, right? Just put the new ring on and see how it goes. Do you have a crank puller and chainring bolt tool? It should work fine.
    Responds to gravity

Retro Grouch
    Oh yeah, I have everything I need. I've owned the bike (Rocklobster) for about 10 years and the crank and old Spot chainring for 6-7 years (the teeth look like needles but it never skipped or jumped off the ring!). I've had the Salsa CR in the parts bin all this time waiting for the right time to R&R the Spot and did so a couple days ago. It just dawned on me that with importance some put on non-pinned or ramped chainrings, there was a simple and inexpensive solution (at least for me) that has resulted form the popularity of Compact road cranksets..
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Members who have read this thread: 0