SC chameleon disk brake adapter- Mtbr.com
    Does your dog bite?

SC chameleon disk brake adapter

Trying to find the install directions for the disk brake bracket for a 2000 Chameleon. I saw something on line but can't find it any more.
    Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you're an a-hole.

mtbr member
    hope this link helps, I just bought one for my ss chameleon about 2 weeks ago.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...cruz+chameleon

mtbr member
    I went through this, I'm not sure if mines a 99 or a 2000 but it required drilling a hole for the adapter. It's not difficult but I drilled mine by hand and the hole is ever so slightly off, it's worth taking the time to find someone with a drill press to get the hole just right. FWIW the hole being slightly off doesn't seem to be a problem it just required a little filing to get everything to line up just right.

mtbr member
    I didn't drill the extra hole but I did have to grind down the drop out a little bit to get the adapter to fit flush. I called Santa Cruz and talked to a tech before I did it to make sure that it wouldnt affect the integrity of the frame and he said it would be fine as long as I didn't grind into a weld or take too much material off of the drop out.

Here is a picture of where I did the grinding:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SC chameleon disk brake adapter-cimg6291-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    where can i get this kit, im getting a 99 or 2000chameleon frame myself and would love to be able to put discs on the rear

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    go to the santa cruz web site and click on the store. i have a 2000 chameleon and the only problem i had was the avid rear caliper hitting the bottom of the chain stay. had to do a little filing to get it to fit right.

Members who have read this thread: 2