ride your bike

Say 'ello to my new 'frend...

After much going back and forth and banging my head against the wall, this young pup will be ordered fresh from the factory tomorrow AM. I've researched 29 vs 26, steel vs ti vs alum, tire clearance, owner opinion, disc vs v, and all that crap. It has come down to this bike. 19" frame (nice long top tube). The only "upgrade" right off the bat (haven't tried em yet, only hear what you guys have to say) will be jones ti H bars and avid mech discs. Thanks for everyone's advice, and thanks to mtbr forum search feature for helping a brother out. Cheers and beers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

an eagle in your mind
    Aug 2004
    swap that pillowy wtb saddle for a flite; i've got a spare

made my bike look 20x sleeker

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I remember seeing on their site that the tubing is no longer True Temper OX Platinum. What is it now and how does it compare?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by fit24hrs
    I remember seeing on their site that the tubing is no longer True Temper OX Platinum. What is it now and how does it compare?
    probably Verus if they're still sourcing from True Temper.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Is my rear tire flat?

How do you like that Solo 1

Like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by redfooj

Liberty Lake Wa.

an eagle in your mind
    Aug 2004
    oh i freaking love it

the softtail squeaked annoying but went away after i put some triflow lube on it... i think its superbly thoughtfully-spec'ed... darn light compared to my geared hardtail--which i sold yesterday!!!!

looks great and is a blast to ride

banned
    Apr 2004

Nice choice Jube

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    After much going back and forth and banging my head against the wall, this young pup will be ordered fresh from the factory tomorrow AM. I've researched 29 vs 26, steel vs ti vs alum, tire clearance, owner opinion, disc vs v, and all that crap. It has come down to this bike. 19" frame (nice long top tube). The only "upgrade" right off the bat (haven't tried em yet, only hear what you guys have to say) will be jones ti H bars and avid mech discs. Thanks for everyone's advice, and thanks to mtbr forum search feature for helping a brother out. Cheers and beers!
    First time I seen one of those babies I said, damn that bike's pure.

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Nazi
    First time I seen one of those babies I said, damn that bike's pure.
    Yeah, I can't wait. They're on back order until sometime in Nov. LBS gave me a killer deal, so I could afford to get a wool jersey too!
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Kill your... television

I have to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by redfooj

I ditched the Ti Gel Flite off of my C-dale road bike and replaced it with a Rocket V. I love the Love Channel! I have the Lazer Stealth on my Karate Monkey and have never felt a more comfortable saddle. Gotta have some cush for those rigid bikes!

Moto

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman711
    I ditched the Ti Gel Flite off of my C-dale road bike and replaced it with a Rocket V. I love the Love Channel! I have the Lazer Stealth on my Karate Monkey and have never felt a more comfortable saddle. Gotta have some cush for those rigid bikes!

Moto

Right,the seat in that Kona pic is the WTB Pure V Stealth.It replaces their SST and only weighs 235g.(same as a reg Ti Flight) It looks more plush than it actually is probably because the gray area covered with Kevlar.It's a really comfortable saddle,that's what I wanted for all day rides.
    "There's a fine line between clever and stupid."
    -David St. Hubbins, Spinal Tap

Members who have read this thread: 0