Savior for ISIS on the way?- Mtbr.com
    "Mr. Britannica"

Savior for ISIS on the way?

In the Velonews 2004 buyer's guide there is a Truvativ ad that shows a road crankset and their Giga <b>X</b> Pipe BB. It has the outboard bearings a la Shimano and looks to have ISIS interface (no info or pics on Trivativ's website). Could this be what ISIS users have been waiting for?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roadiegonebad
    In the Velonews 2004 buyer's guide there is a Truvativ ad that shows a road crankset and their Giga <b>X</b> Pipe BB. It has the outboard bearings a la Shimano and looks to have ISIS interface (no info or pics on Trivativ's website). Could this be what ISIS users have been waiting for?
    I've been waiting for a Phil Wood ISIS bottom bracket. :-)

--Shannon

blame me for missed rides
    not sure if it'll fit other brands' isis cranks. Interloc came out with their outboard bearings ISIS crankset and bb, but it's not compatible with other ISIS cranksets already on the market.

"Mr. Britannica"

pic

http://truvativ.com/media/news/images/carbon_lowres.pdf

Other than spindle length and chainline issues, I can't see any major reason why it would not work..... who's gonna be the guinea pig?

Out spokin'

Common theme at Interbike

In the Velonews 2004 buyer's guide there is a Truvativ ad that shows a road crankset and their Giga X Pipe BB. It has the outboard bearings a la Shimano and looks to have ISIS interface (no info or pics on Trivativ's website). Could this be what ISIS users have been waiting for?
    Outboard bearing BBs for '04 were a common theme at Interbike last fall. Seemed like everybody had one to offer.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member

Isis

Quote Originally Posted by weather
    not sure if it'll fit other brands' isis cranks. Interloc came out with their outboard bearings ISIS crankset and bb, but it's not compatible with other ISIS cranksets already on the market.
    That's the nice thing about standards...there are so many to choose from!

blame me for missed rides
    http://truvativ.com/media/news/images/carbon_lowres.pdf

Other than spindle length and chainline issues, I can't see any major reason why it would not work..... who's gonna be the guinea pig?
    spindle length is probably the problem. the cranks might bottom out against the bearing before they do the actual splined interface.

"Mr. Britannica"

OK then, but

you would think a mtb version is on the horizon, no?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Foe what its worth...
    IRC has an ISIS BB with outboard bearings for MTBs. It's not available yet but should be soon. My LBS has seen a prototype and it would appear that standard ISIS cranks won't fit, a newer "lower profile" crank will be required.
    this space left intentionally blank

Members who have read this thread: 0