sass- Mtbr.com

Thread: sass

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

sass

worth it at 850? this would be my first ss, i dont want to go low end and end up hating it because the bike sucks. Would rather give this a shot if its worth it. I figure this would have better resale value should I not take to the whole ss thing.

i should add its an 05 new
    Last edited by heythorp; 08-15-2006 at 05:44 PM.

The man who fell to earth
    I've seen them new for $300 less, slightly used even less than that. $850 is definitely FULL retail and then some. Unless they offer some kind of uber-phenomenal service, I'd buy one online or look elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the info, my search continues. want to mention any of the locations where you saw them for 300 less?

The man who fell to earth
    Not offhand, although someone posted on here a while back about snagging one up for about that much. Do a search and see if you can pull it up. Plus starting about this time of year bike prices can start to come down, especially for year or two old "bargain bikes" like the SASS. If you keep looking, you should definitely find it for appreciably less than $850. Plus look on ebay for used ones that are in either new or near new condition. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heythorp
    thanks for the info, my search continues. want to mention any of the locations where you saw them for 300 less?
    Where are you at? They are going for 599 around here. (CO)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    thanks for all the reply's, I am in NJ and no one in the state has one in stock.

I did searches and read all the reviews before posting. ziggy pm in your box. thanks again for all the help I am continuing my search.

mtbr member
    I picked up a used one @ Veloswap for 300. Personally I like the ride better than both my BUSS and Unit.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Well i ordered it. now that i have secured mine I will share with you where I got it. It might not be the best deal in the world but it comes with a free shock.(not really just offsets the price of the bike) Jenson told me they cant advertise it for 600 and therefor are adding the shock to offset it. So might not be the best deal but I am excited.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...p+Upgrade.aspx

Members who have read this thread: 0