Salsa ridig fork review- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Salsa rigid fork review

Anyone have ANY experience with this fork? The only forks I can find in the the right size for my spot frame (438mm) are the Salsa (425mm), the new On-one (440mm), and the Vicious (438mm). The Salsa is the cheapest, but I dont want a bad fork. I'm also worried that the Salsa is a tad bit short. I have heard GREAT things about the vicious but they are sooooo expensive. Thoughts?

labrat
    Last edited by labrat73; 10-12-2006 at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Why not try the nashbar steel fork. It is only $60 but there is a 20% of coupon for nashbar: WEB792 that is good for today only. It is a tad longer than you want at 453mm, but the price is right and I have had no problems with mine.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...%20ATB%20Forks

mtbr member
    That seems pretty long. I need a rigid to replace a 80mm travel, not 100. Its really hard to find one thats exactly the right size. I'm not sure if its better to go longer, shorter or stay exactly the same.

At least the price is right! And if I dont like it I'm only out $50. How do you like yours?

labrat

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    i like it alot. i think it would be better if i had a steel frame also, but i am searching for one of those now. it is right around 3 lbs, so its not exactly light, but it is steel. overall i am very happy with it. i also had a surly 1x1 which was much shorter and the steering was just too twitchy. like you said you are only out $50 bucks if you dont like it which is much cheaper than any rigid for i have seen around.

Members who have read this thread: 0