Sac town locals... What happened to PCRS?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sac town locals... What happened to PCRS?

Wondering about the Prairie City Race Series in Folsom, CA. Their webiste, http://www.racemtb.com/, hasn't been up for quite some time.

I know there have been some bad politics surrounding the series for sometime (greedy MXr's). Did they finally get their way?

Jed Peters
    As far as I know, it's still on. I'll have roger give Dave the promo guy a call when I see him on sunday and find out what's up.

Jed Peters

Ride what you want!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    As far as I know, it's still on. I'll have roger give Dave the promo guy a call when I see him on sunday and find out what's up.
    Looks like I missed you at Cool. I stopped by because I was in the area but most everyone was gone. I heard Suzie had a mechanical... that sucks.

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    I saw some dude at the Cool race on one of those Specialized singlespeeds. I yelled to him "more pu$$y, more beer, right!?" He said, yea that what it's supposed to get ya (reffering to powering the singlespeeds around the course.) But, i just remember the guy with the Specialized with that written on the bottom was from a snowy place... Anyway. I hate the taste of my vomit. I went around twice in the Sport class one my Giant SS.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member

Cool, thanks.

Cool, thanks. Better get my arse off the couch and start riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yep, it's still on

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPumpChump
    Wondering about the Prairie City Race Series in Folsom, CA. Their webiste, http://www.racemtb.com/, hasn't been up for quite some time.

I know there have been some bad politics surrounding the series for sometime (greedy MXr's). Did they finally get their way?
    Brian and the webprovider he had a falling out, the guy registered the domain out from under Brian and there was a stink. So Brian created a new domain and web address, that's why you haven't found it.

You can find race dates and a link to the new website on www.ncnca.org.

See you out there.

mtbr member
    I hear there are some fast dudes that race SS out there is this true? I hope to be a contender as long as I start riding more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Depends....

Quote Originally Posted by williamf777
    I hear there are some fast dudes that race SS out there is this true? I hope to be a contender as long as I start riding more.
    if you're Travis Brown fast, nope their isn't any SS racers out there that fast. I wouldn't really categorize myself as a "fast dude" but I did all right at those races and got a great workout in.

See you out there.

croSSman
    Feb 2004
    Rog/Jim - Are you planning on doing the whole series? If you are, will you be going straight from work or are you going home 1st? I'm thinking about carpooling.
    rossta

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Well Amanda and I have been

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ross
    Rog/Jim - Are you planning on doing the whole series? If you are, will you be going straight from work or are you going home 1st? I'm thinking about carpooling.
    throwing plans back and forth. I think Monday and Weds are going to be my days to ride (race or commute). If it stays this way I plan on doing the whole series or at least trying to, but I don't think I'll be driving back to Auburn, probably just go straight from work.

However, in prep for Creampuff for a couple of races I was going to try and work something out where I ride down from Auburn in the morning to work (Sac) on my roadbike and than ride out to the race, do the race, and than hitch a ride home.

The difficult part will be getting my SS to the race and getting a ride home. I'm going to try and talk Amanda into helping me out, but maybe we can work something out and I can chip in some gas for the ride home on those nights if she can't oblige.

The other option for you is if Brian Rouse is doing the series this year he lives off of Combie, so that may be another option for you. I know he works for the same company as Amanda over in Roseville not sure if he goes straight out to the race or not.

P.S. Saturday sucked, legs were pretty stale from being inactive for the few days with the cold all the climbing cleaned them out though, and my ride on Sunday went much much better.

Jed Peters
    Rog, is she going to try to get back into riding/racing out there?

I can always watch the little guy...you know, uncle jed.

Actually, remember that Laura will be there (Jason's wife) with the baby as well, so maybe she can watch too?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Doubt she'll ride or race out there this year

Rog, is she going to try to get back into riding/racing out there?

I can always watch the little guy...you know, uncle jed.

Actually, remember that Laura will be there (Jason's wife) with the baby as well, so maybe she can watch too?

Doc said she'll not be fully healed for six months, so she's kind of put racing on hold till next year. I'm sure I can get her to come out and watch a few times though.

Suzy getting pumped up for her back to back crits this weekend?

Jed Peters
    She's super pumped.

I want her to win that overall olive oil trophy...that stuff's expensive!

Seriously though, it's all about 8 points. That's what she needs!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I know the women's races aren't as packed BUT

She's super pumped.

I want her to win that overall olive oil trophy...that stuff's expensive!

Seriously though, it's all about 8 points. That's what she needs!
    Jay and I were talking about the Mather course and all the turns. For his race in the 3s last year he said it was impossible to get up front from the back because of all the turns, you keep getting squeezed....So depending on the size of the pack Suzy may want to keep it close to the front the whole race so that she isn't prevented from moving up in the later laps.

I got a feeling she'll get her points this week!

Jed Peters
    Email her and tell her this. Or tell her tommorrow.

God knows she doesn't listen to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Send me her email...

Email her and tell her this. Or tell her tommorrow.

God knows she doesn't listen to me.

I know I had it, but can't find it.

Don't feel bad, I wouldn't listen to you either!

Members who have read this thread: 0