Rock Shox SID w RCT3 on SS?- Mtbr.com
    Ahhh the pain....

Rock Shox SID w RCT3 on SS?

Trying to choose a fork for the new SS....my prior one had a reba race with a remote lockout...it was ok...just didn't like the extra hardware on the bars that could take a chunk out of knee/leg during a crash. The RCT3 damper seems much simpler with its 3 positions and adjustment on top of the fork...any experience with it on a SS?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I tested the SID XX on my El Mar at the Rock Shox Ride Experience. I was running a Reba SL (non remote) which I loved. The Sid was significantly stiffer, and the weight was only slightly less, but the small bumb compliance was not as good as my Reba. The remote lockout was well designed, and I did like it, but I found the damping to work well enough that I just kept the fork unlocked for the whole ride. If I were buying, I would opt for the RCT3 over the SID XX. The added cost was not worth it to me.

I just finished my build of a 650b SS that I opted for the X-Fusion Velvet with remote lockout. I wish I had gone with the non-remote version of that fork also. The lockout works fine, but the cable routing for the remote is ridiculous, and the remote lever is poorly designed and looks very cheap. The fork performs well though (only one ride on it so far though.) Anyone want to trade forks?

Members who have read this thread: 1