Rim Advice- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rim Advice

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Rim Advice

Hey I'm looking for any input into getting a sweet pair of wheels built up. I'm a bigger dude (6'5" and a little over 210lbs) and I'm not always kind to my set up. I am on a Karate Monkey right now full rigid SS and I'm looking to build up a new wheel set with the Sweet Chris King SS hubs I just picked up. Any thoughts? Mavic Stans, DT???

Thanks!

Bend, OR
    I have Mavic 819 disc rims with DT something spokes laced to King SS hubs. This is the best wheelset by far I've ever had, no adjustments for a year and counting, haven't found a loose spoke yet. I'm not really that big, 6' 175lbs, but I ride a rigid too and both wheels have cased things pretty hard with not so much as a wobble. Depends on the wheelbuilder too I guess, but I have no complaints with this stuff so far.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the info! Do you know if Mavic makes the 819 in a 29er? The new mavic site kinda sucks. I did find the TM719 on there in a 29er but i like the UTS of the 819.

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bloggins
    Thanks for the info! Do you know if Mavic makes the 819 in a 29er? The new mavic site kinda sucks. I did find the TM719 on there in a 29er but i like the UTS of the 819.
    doubt it- you should have specified 29" as this changes your rim selection quite a bit. if you're looking for some sort of a tubeless system, check out the bontrager mustangs. either that or the Stans Arch rim....or wait until after interbike later this month- i think it's going to be another 29er heavy year at IB.

Ouch, I am hot!
    If you want 29er, the Stan's Flows are getting all the buzz right now. 819 is good for a 26er.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Members who have read this thread: 0