rigid fork.....Zion Or Instigator- Mtbr.com
    no gears, no tears

rigid fork.....Zion Or Instigator

I'm picking up a new bike and need to change forks, my surly 1X1 is too short so I need a fork with a crown to axle of at least 440mm to replace the 465mm suspension fork. My question; which one has the nicer ride. I'd like it keep the price under $100.

conjoinicorned
    never ridden the instigator fork

but my zion is a pretty flexy ride. definately notice it over my other rigid forks, especially when braking. steering is ok, it is a comfortable ride.
    i use mine on my commuter, and it works great, IMO the best looking "cheap" fork out there.

however, if you're big, or riding fast tough trails, i might stay away....
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by giantrider
    I'm picking up a new bike and need to change forks, my surly 1X1 is too short so I need a fork with a crown to axle of at least 440mm to replace the 465mm suspension fork. My question; which one has the nicer ride. I'd like it keep the price under $100.
    I love the ride of my Zion fork! It is the perfect geometry for my bike (matches the XFly 100 for offset and A_C length with 20mm of sag).

Not harsh or noticeably flexy.

The Instigator will probably be stiffer and harsher as it is about the same length and more than 300g heavier.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I have an Instigator fork. It is meant for more aggresive riding and as such will be heavier and stiffer. Its probably also less compliant over little chatter and stuff. I like it for what I do, which is a bit of everything. Mainly xc, with some more aggressive stuff thrown in.

Members who have read this thread: 0