Rigid Fork for my Gary Fisher- Mtbr.com
    just ride
    Oct 2006

Rigid Fork for my Gary Fisher

Hi Guys,

Since I hardly use my bike offroading, I've decided to surf the web for some carbon rigid fork. When I saw how cheap these forks are going for, I got too excited and bought one on ebay without double checking the measurement.

I have a 2007 Gary Fisher >click here<. When I checked the length from axle to bottom crown, mine is 19.5" while the once I bought on ebay is 15.8" (mosso). This is definitely a lot shorter than stock. Will my bike look weird once installed? Does anyone here have pictures of bikes that has the same change on them? I thought I've seen it before but I'm not sure. Please send me the link or post here. I'd like to see it.

Thank you.

PSYCHOLUST
    Let's seeeeeeee....

I'll assume that the 19.5" is a susspension fork, so the actual ride height difference will be slightly less ( sag)
    BUT.... a 3 inch difference in fork length would make the bike unridable.
    The drop in the front end will drastically alter your geometry and make the front end way too steep... the steering would be twitchy as hell, Far too much of your weight would be shifted forward, bottom bracket height lowered,
    You'd have an unsteerable, pedal striking, ENDO machine.
    ( Although it would likely climb hills like a mountaingoat)

If I were you, I'd get that fork back up on EBAY and get yourself a 445mm rigid so you can get the most out of your ride.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    Get a surly 1x1 fork

MTB NOLA
    double check your dimensions. your stock fork was a 100mm suspension same as my old fork. unsprung it measures 17.5". the 445mm white bros. carbon i replaced it with measures 16". this is upgrade has been well worth it for my riding preference. here are some before and after pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rigid Fork for my Gary Fisher-650b-001.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0