Rigid Fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rigid Fork

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Rigid Fork

Well...I'm building a SS, the background is I bought a Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. I proposed to my, now fiance, girlfriend and she bought me a Specialized Camber. Obviously the Hardrock was then obsolete, so I decided to convert it. I converted it with a 34t salsa chainring, reken conversion kit, chris king 18t and a SRAM PC-1. I also have a Salsa Pro-Moto Flat bar, Ritchey WCS stem, Truvativ Stylo Team seat post and WTB Silverado Team Ti seat. I have a Rock Shox SID on the way and a SR Suntour XCT-V2 on the bike currently, winter is pretty much already here, so the question is; Do I keep the SR Suntour fork on and hate it every single second or put the SID on and risk ruining it or buy a rigid fork and not risk anything except losing 80 bucks? Also what rigid for do people recommend for sub $100. I don't want to put too much money into the rigid because it will be getting replaced by the SID come spring time, since that's the fork that I'll be racing with. Thanks for the replies!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Kona P2, they're all over ebay, I've seen them go for $30. I ride the 29er version and have no complaints.

Members who have read this thread: 0