Rigid Carbon Fork input?- Mtbr.com
    Life is Go0d!

Rigid Carbon Fork input?

I have two in mind, the White bros., and the Origin8. I think most of you know it will be for my Flight. The stock fork is good, but I want to see if losing a couple pounds off the front, will heighten my tech riding experience? I am not looking for a smoother ride, but rather a more nimble one. Give some feedback on either of those choices? Thanks in advance.
    The only regrets in life, are the risks you didn't take.

I'm gonna have to kill ya
    I use a White Bro fork and it seems to dampen things down nicely but is stiff in the right direction.

I have no issues with it at all, it does its job well enough that I don't really notice it if that make sense?

mtbr member
    I have been riding my SS on alot of fireroads lately, but on the trails my carbon WB really does seem to me to dampen trail chatter more than my steel fork.

Teen Wolf
    i have a carbon wb, and it's rigid, and it feels rigid when i ride it. i like it though.

I have red hair
    The White Bros and the Origin8 are the same design, same fork, just made by different people. I use the Origin8 fork, and I could definitely tell a difference in how light the front of my bike feels. It is definitely worth trying, just don't expect it to soften up the ride at all
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"

mtbr member
    The white brothers fork that I used to have really lightened up my front end and made the bike very snappy steering-wise.

I switched to a steel fork for comfort reasons and it was very noticeable how much lighter the front end had been with the WB.

No complaints about the WB fork at all.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm not sure there is even a difference between origin 8 and WB. I got a SASO, and used it on my xxix for 1.5 yrs without problems. Nice fork, absolutely no problems. I have a WB now on my SS (lynskey ridgeline -- needed a new fork since the xxix wasn't sus. corrected), and love it.

Prefer the carbon forks to the steel I've had in the past, and the weight difference was really significant. Seems plenty stiff laterally, no brake chatter (185 rotors, I'm maybe 235 or so), so I'd say you cannot go wrong. I'm not sure if the tech stuff is easier/different with a lighter front end, but I prefer it for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've been riding a On One carbon fork for almost 2 years. It's really stiff and light!

mtbr member
    I'd recommend you look for an On One Carbon fork as it'll match the stock Redline fork probably closer than any other option and be lighter to boot!

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I'd recommend you look for an On One Carbon fork as it'll match the stock Redline fork probably closer than any other option and be lighter to boot!
    +1 The Redline Fork is 474mm and 47mm offset. The On One is 470mm and 47mm offset.
    Also the On One has no weight limit on it!!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    the on one is heavier than the White Bros though I just got one and it weighed 2.02 lbs. I think the White Bros. weighs 1.6 lbs. I went with the on one because 29er specific. 47mm offset and 470 length and matches up nicely with new Scandal frame. The white bros. is set up as a compromise so can work for 26" and 29" wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    niner carbon - magic

Gigantic Hawk
    I've seen the WB and the Origin8 together, and they look identical. That said, the owner of the WB has since replaced it with a Niner carbon. The Origin8 owner is a buddy of mine. The fork flexes a ton. You can watch it flex under hard braking. It did take a serious hit (straight into a veritical rock at high speed causing a very sudden stop of the bike) this weekend with no visible/physical damage. He likes the fork, but would rather have something else, either a steel deal or Niner carbon, something less noodley.

Members who have read this thread: 0