Rigid carbon 26" forks...who makes them?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rigid carbon 26" forks...who makes them?

Does anyone other than Pace make a 26" carbon rigid fork ? Thanks.
    Eric-
    2 heart attacks & still turning the cranks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    On one..... Bontrager

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Winwood Purist.

mtbr member
    Come December White Brothers will be launching their Rock Solid fork in 26" too, that's where my money would go...

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I was hoping White Bros would make one.
    Eric-

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ejr13
    Thanks guys. I was hoping White Bros would make one.
    The WB fork and Fetish fork are very similar
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

i don't give a shift
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The WB fork and Fetish fork are very similar
    Bike companies used to actually make stuff. Seems like more and more of them just shop around in China. Hire a graphic designer for a nifty looking sticker and you can be in bike business without engineers. Pretty sad!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Re

Quote Originally Posted by collideous
    Bike companies used to actually make stuff. Seems like more and more of them just shop around in China. Hire a graphic designer for a nifty looking sticker and you can be in bike business without engineers. Pretty sad!
    I agree, my Nashbar carbon rigid (which is N/A right now) is basically the same as the Winwood, except mine is non-suspension height=385mm.

Desert Saildier
    Aug 2005
    I have the Fetish fork that is still in the box, and uncut and unused. I bought it but I never installed it because I believe that it most likely will *not* hold up. I weigh around +/- 200 and I don't think my Monocog is worthy of such a cool fork. Besides, I am running the Nashbar Chromo fork on it already, and I like the ride on that one. I would post it in the classifieds, but I am deployed in the sandbox with no bike at all going through 2 wheel withdrawl! The fork is really nice, but then again I can't get Fetish to acknowledge that they even market the fork. I am sure that they don't make it anyways. I checked out a Pace RC31 when I was in Curacao and I thought that it was a little too rich for my bike.
    Seafarinman
    IT1(SW) USN
    2K Access Ti SS magic 32/20
    2K4 Jamis Komodo SS magic 32/20

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Carbon legs? or ALL carbon?
    New Ritchey 26" carbon mtb fork

dumb ass
    Quote Originally Posted by seafarinman
    ... but I never installed it because I believe that it most likely will *not* hold up.
    is this because of your weight or your riding style or both.??

stay safe over there.
    Baby seal walks into a club.

mtbr member
    If anyone has a rigid 26er fork with about 430mm to 440mm axle to crown height they'd want to trade for a Zion 26er (457mm AC height), please let me know. I think I need something slightly shorter for my Zion 853 Single Speed 96er project.

Thanks!

MMcG

mtbr member
    ooooooo I like the Ritchey. It's similar to their carbon cross fork, no?
    Eric-

Smile and think light!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    If anyone has a rigid 26er fork with about 430mm to 440mm axle to crown height they'd want to trade for a Zion 26er (457mm AC height), please let me know. I think I need something slightly shorter for my Zion 853 Single Speed 96er project.

Thanks!

MMcG
    You say you're going to use a 26er fork for your 29 inch front wheel. Will that work? Is this the reason why you specify axle to crown height?

Also, you might want to look at some 96er bikes to see that the geometry would be pretty wacked out to try to do it with a 26er frame. The geometry of 96ers - or 55s - is pretty different to get the seat tube and head tube at the right angle to handle well. I don't know too much about it though and maybe you know something about getting the front end down using a 26 inch fork that I don't get.

I'm sure it will be a fun experiment though. Good luck!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlonwheels
    You say you're going to use a 26er fork for your 29 inch front wheel. Will that work? Is this the reason why you specify axle to crown height?

Also, you might want to look at some 96er bikes to see that the geometry would be pretty wacked out to try to do it with a 26er frame. The geometry of 96ers - or 55s - is pretty different to get the seat tube and head tube at the right angle to handle well. I don't know too much about it though and maybe you know something about getting the front end down using a 26 inch fork that I don't get.

I'm sure it will be a fun experiment though. Good luck!
    No worries. He have been through all of this and knows he needs the shorter fork (with a taller wheel you need a shorter fork to keep the angles the same).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

ott
    mtbr member
    I use the carbon fork from ridley

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    No worries. He have been through all of this and knows he needs the shorter fork (with a taller wheel you need a shorter fork to keep the angles the same).
    Yep, I know what I'm doing (well that can be debated at times) and for now the 457mm Zion fork will work, but something shorter will help quicken things up a bit in the steering dept.

However, I want there to be enough front tire clearance to run a meaty front tire, so I have sort of ruled out the Surly 1x1 fork, the Dimension fork and the Kona Project 2 26" rigid fork (all around 410 to 413mm in AC height). Perhaps the Salsa Cromoto fork will get the job done, or maybe something off a KHS single speed.

I've seen some custom forks from Vicious and IF that fit the bill, but they get mighty pricey even when used and on ebay.

Here's a pic to show you the head tube angle of my ride with the Zion fork up front just for reference. It isn't super slack, and it is definitely rideable, but a shorter fork would balance things out a bit more and make her a little more nimble I suspect.

Members who have read this thread: 0