RIG owners question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

RIG owners question

This maybe a dumb question, but those of you that own GF Rigs, I just got mine(finally) rode it today and it was great, but for my trails I really need a 20t in the back. I have the 20t cog, but the lock ring on the hub is different that just a normal cassette lockring. What tool is needed to get it off, my LBS didn't have it(very small store) but I want to buy one for myself anyway for cog changes etc. Thanks for he help !! Jus

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I got it worked out, so I guess this post is pointless at this time hahahaha. Thanks a ton, Jus

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeanddrum
    I got it worked out, so I guess this post is pointless at this time hahahaha. Thanks a ton, Jus
    One of these will fit:

http://www.parktool.com/tools/HCW_4.shtml

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Your LBS does not have a BB adjustable cup lockring tool? They must be a very new shop.

In a pinch slip jaw pliers can be used but the proper tool is best.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    thanks guys! I will check w/ the LBS he may have the tool. He is a one owner/and operated small shop in a very small town. We are lucky to have him so we can get quality bikes w/ out driving 1hr plus. I am one of 2 singlespeeders in this town so he may have the tool but didn't know that it was what he needed, but I got it off last nite w/ a (pin spanner) type tool and chainwhip no problem, but I will check w/ him and look through his Park Tool display, he could have had it all a long. THANKS GUYS really appreciate your help, this is why I enjoy this sport so much, good people involved in it!! later on, Justin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeanddrum
    thanks guys! I will check w/ the LBS he may have the tool. He is a one owner/and operated small shop in a very small town. We are lucky to have him so we can get quality bikes w/ out driving 1hr plus. I am one of 2 singlespeeders in this town so he may have the tool but didn't know that it was what he needed, but I got it off last nite w/ a (pin spanner) type tool and chainwhip no problem, but I will check w/ him and look through his Park Tool display, he could have had it all a long. THANKS GUYS really appreciate your help, this is why I enjoy this sport so much, good people involved in it!! later on, Justin
    I replaced the lockring on my Rig with a steel lockring scavenged from an old BMX BB. The threads on the stock aluminum one are like butter.