Rig frame flex issues- Mtbr.com
    Born Annoyed

Rig frame flex issues

I'm having problems keeping the chain on my Rig when I'm climbing. It seems to drop off the bottom of the back cog. At first I thought the chain was to loose, but it still does it after I tightened it up. The chain line is within 1/16" so I feel confident I can rule that out. Tonight I noticed what I thought was to much flex in the chainstays when I squeeze the chain without using to much pressure. I didn't see any cracks in the welds. Also my EBB slips when I'm under power. I'm thinking the EBB might be out of round?

If it helps I'm running a 34-19 with a 1/8"chain on an '07 Rig. Chain is not stretched, and cog is tight. Its at my LBS right now, and there was much head scratching. Though I was asked if I'm partial to toothpaste color.
    It's ALWAYS funny when it happens to somebody else
    Lookie at what I found- http://www.f88me.com check it out, now

mtbr member
    If your EBB is slipping, wouldn't that be the reason the chain is dropping?

Born Annoyed
    I thought about that also. I cycled the EBB around so if it did slip the chain would get tighter. When I was out on Tuesday the chain dropped at least 5 times and by the time the ride was over the chain was strung so tight it was creaking.

Here's a topper to my night- I was doing a pre-ride of this weekends course when I decided to bring the bike to the shop. I guess I was in a rush and when I threw 2 other bikes on the back rack, I either pulled the straps to much or not enough. I was almost home when I hit a bump. What did I see in the mirror? 2 bikes cartwheeling through the air bouncing off the road. It just figures .
    It's ALWAYS funny when it happens to somebody else
    Lookie at what I found- http://www.f88me.com check it out, now

Members who have read this thread: 0