From a Rig to Ferrous...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

From a Rig to Ferrous...

Recently I moved from a Rig to this Ferrous frame. I have lovingly been riding my Rig for just about 4 years now, and loved it. Was not looking forward to getting a new Rig frame. Don't want to move to the "G2". I don't even thing that as of yet Bontrager has released a G2 Switchblade, and I am certainly not using a Fox G2 fork. Managed to get my hands on this sweet ferrous frame, with everyhthing being a direct fit to the Ferrrous from the Rig. While I was waiting for the frame, not long, less than a week, I used a brake rotor as a template to drill out 6 holes in an 18t cog. I wanted to "try" fixed gear offroad. Holy Crap!!! IT'S HARD! I know, no duh! I knew it would be hard, but it was significantly harder than anticipated. Anyone who has ridden in Lancaster County Central Park can attest that it's a difficult network of trails to begin with. Good times though! Glad I tried it. Its back to SS now, but I took these pics on the frames maiden voyage while in fixed gear mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

mtbr member
    Nice bike. I got a Ferrous frame as a replacement for my broken XCal. Really liking the frame so far. I have a problem with the EBB creaking after 2-3 rides. Tear it down, grease everything, reinstall seems to take care of the problem. Let me know if you have a similar issue. Otherwise it's a really nice ride.

mtbr member
    Thats common these Fishers with the EBB's. Use anti-sieze instead of grease, and make sure you LIBERALLY SLATHER the shell, and the surfaces between the silver piece and black piece. I can usually go several months before any noises develop. I am a big guy, so there is no shortage of torgue being applied.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhopbikes
    Thats common these Fishers with the EBB's. Use anti-sieze instead of grease, and make sure you LIBERALLY SLATHER the shell, and the surfaces between the silver piece and black piece. I can usually go several months before any noises develop. I am a big guy, so there is no shortage of torgue being applied.
    Thanks for the tip. Would Permatex work?

mtbr member
    This is the exact stuff I use; http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...ubricant_a.htm

The copper anti-seize works too.

Monocog Masher
    What you got against G2?

mtbr member
    My issue is not the G2 geometry, other than the fact that I can't ride MY switchblade on a G2 frame. I've done it, its terrible. I think the G2 geo works great, however, the downside being that one has to use a "G2" fork. I am not using a susp fork on my bike, so I am stuck till the bontrager G2 switchblade comes out. Plus, I wanted steel anyways, and I happen to really like the second gen fisher 29ers. While we're talking about it, I think they should bring back to the first gen geo! Low and tight, yeah baby Thats all.

Members who have read this thread: 0