Retail price of Cannondale IFG?- Mtbr.com
    Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003

... and if we just ... Retail price of Cannondale IFG?

Just wnated to know the retail price of the cannondale 2004 IFG.
    Also, what are your thoughts on this bike, if it is well priced I am considering it just as a bike for fun and mucking round on. I weight about 125lbs if it matters and haven't ridden a singlespeed for like 7 years(when I was a small kid, well still am, LOL!). Does supergo sell them, as I live in Australia and would probably pick one up while I'm in the US.
    Thanks

I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED

Well..............

Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Just wnated to know the retail price of the cannondale 2004 IFG.
    Also, what are your thoughts on this bike, if it is well priced I am considering it just as a bike for fun and mucking round on. I weight about 125lbs if it matters and haven't ridden a singlespeed for like 7 years(when I was a small kid, well still am, LOL!). Does supergo sell them, as I live in Australia and would probably pick one up while I'm in the US.
    Thanks
    This was just asked 2 hours ago

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=12201

Good day - V V V .
    "As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can."
    -- Julius Caesar

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by V V V
    This was just asked 2 hours ago

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=12201

Good day - V V V .
    Is that the same bike?! Surely 999 is a bit pricey for that considering you can get the F600 for 1099. I'm just after the simple IFG with V brkaes and a rigid fork. Thanks

mtbr member

Ultra...

Comes with Avid discs and Headshock fork, those are the big differences. My LBS has em for 1299, regular 1FG I believe is 999.
    Chubbs

There is a difference between the illusion of freedom and the reality of freedom

I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED

1FG ultra.............

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs
    Comes with Avid discs and Headshock fork, those are the big differences. My LBS has em for 1299, regular 1FG I believe is 999.
    This bike is at my LBS for $999.00!!! Here is a pic at this link.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/c...del-4FSSS.html

Good day - V V V .
    "As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can."
    -- Julius Caesar

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Is that the same bike?! Surely 999 is a bit pricey for that considering you can get the F600 for 1099. I'm just after the simple IFG with V brkaes and a rigid fork. Thanks
    1fg's dont even have v-brake mounts as far as i know..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I just rode the 1FG today to evaluate

I have a motobecane Fly that I built up to a single speed with a rock shock team fork and have riden it for about 6 months and love it. With that being said, today I had the opportunitiy to ride one at a local rode race.

I rode a 12 mile course mtb course I do on a regular basis on my motobecane so I was able to do a good comparision. The course is a lot of short steep climbs with a 1/2 mile climb at about 13-14%. I usually ride the course using a 34x16 w/ 175 crank.

1) The gearing on the 1FG was 32/18. I don't know if this was stock, but it was a bit low.
    2) The cranks were 170mm so it seemed a bit tough. I told the mechanic about that and he said that 'was wrong'. Somehow, the wrong cranks were on the bike that I rode and I don't know what the stock crank length was. The short cranks explains why the climbs seemed more difficult than they should have.
    3) The disk brakes were nice. The were better than my XTR rim brakes.
    4) The ecentric bottom bracket was nice.
    5) The lockout was great. When it was locked out it was SOLID. I didn't like, however, the fact that the lockout was not a 'remote' and required you to take your hands off the handlebars.

I use my remote lockout ALL the time after I've rocketed down the hill to build momentum and I begin to climb out of the saddle. Neither of these times is a good time to take your hands off the bars; when your speed is the highest or when your rocking the bike back and forth on the climb. A remote lockout activated by the thumb like the have on their scalpel would be awesome.

In short, my motobecane that I built up is about 3-4 lbs lighter (mine is ~19#) than the 1FG. That extra wt cost for little to no performance gain doesn't warrent me to consider it for racing.

Hope that helps from a guy that just tried it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

So Cal

I saw this bike yesteerday at my local LBS for $649.00.
    They only had a small and a large.

They also had the SISS for $699.00.

I don't believe that supergo stocks them but they can be ordered.

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Quote Originally Posted by 34x16
    I rode a 12 mile course mtb course I do on a regular basis on my motobecane so I was able to do a good comparision. The course is a lot of short steep climbs with a 1/2 mile climb at about 13-14%. I usually ride the course using a 34x16 w/ 175 crank.

1) The gearing on the 1FG was 32/18. I don't know if this was stock, but it was a bit low.
    2) The cranks were 170mm so it seemed a bit tough. I told the mechanic about that and he said that 'was wrong'. Somehow, the wrong cranks were on the bike that I rode and I don't know what the stock crank length was. The short cranks explains why the climbs seemed more difficult than they should have.
    Some of this is a bit nonsensical...you usually ride 34 x 16 with 175 mm cranks, and the blimbs were harder with 32 x 18/170 mm? I hate to break it to you, but 5 mm of crank will NOT offset those gear ratios--32 x 18 would still be easier with 160 mm cranks.

With my long legs (a contributor to leverage), 32 x 18/175 is enough for most stuff on CO's front range. I couldn't begin to ride most everything out here with 34 x 16/190 mm.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Thanks, so about 700 bucks for it? Hmmm, that aint too bad, I will see, I might want to get a road bike and hold off the SS for a while as I have limited money.
    BTW this is the model I was after...
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/c...del-4MRSS.html
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hope Picking nits

Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    Some of this is a bit nonsensical...you usually ride 34 x 16 with 175 mm cranks, and the blimbs were harder with 32 x 18/170 mm? I hate to break it to you, but 5 mm of crank will NOT offset those gear ratios--32 x 18 would still be easier with 160 mm cranks.

With my long legs (a contributor to leverage), 32 x 18/175 is enough for most stuff on CO's front range. I couldn't begin to ride most everything out here with 34 x 16/190 mm.
    Ok.. To be more specific, last week I changed my gearing to be 32x18 with my 175mm cranks. I've been riding that for course for the last week in preperation for a race that has a lot of short steep climbs. I rode it twice last week in my 32x18, but 5 previous months at 34x16. Now, when I perceieved it being tougher, I was comparing 32x18 (despite the tech told me it was 32x16) between BOTH bikes and 175mm on my bike with the 170mm on the cannondale. Yeah, I thought it was tougher when I was expecting the cranks to be 180mm. When I looked at the stamping, I understood.

Now, is the horse dead yet?