JRA
    mtbr member

Report: Seattle SSunday Ride

The E-Thrilla on Sunday was a success, at least in my book. Three other riders - one on a 29er SiSp - joined me in stitching together all the little side loops along the suburban dirt route that I like to call the Thrilla in Woodinvilla. We ran into a few places with nettles but nothing very bad. We rode a total of 33 miles and about 2700ft of total elevation gain. Temperatures were much more condusive to a long ride that they had been.

The total mileage and elevation could have been bumped up a bit futher but we ended up not doing Gold Creek. Actually, truth be told, I had a minor revolt on my hands and I don't think I could have coaxed anyone into more trail.

We only had one minor mechanical when my pedal unscrewed itself just before we heading into Willows. Fortunately, the pedals had an allen key option for tightening and we were able to get underway again.

A bunny, a heron, a deer, a hovering hawk and a yellow thrush comprised the critter sightings. The food and refreshments back at Redhook never tasted so good.

Strange Brew bridge in Willows Fjords

Almost made it ... next time

Where am I going?

Whoop!

Tuscany rest ... where's the wine?

Horse Pasture Hill

Just don't hit the barb wire

A happy SiSp

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

cool pics

Quote Originally Posted by JRA
    The E-Thrilla on Sunday was a success, at least in my book. Three other riders - one on a 29er SiSp - joined me in stitching together all the little side loops along the suburban dirt route that I like to call the Thrilla in Woodinvilla. We ran into a few places with nettles but nothing very bad. We rode a total of 33 miles and about 2700ft of total elevation gain. Temperatures were much more condusive to a long ride that they had been.

The total mileage and elevation could have been bumped up a bit futher but we ended up not doing Gold Creek. Actually, truth be told, I had a minor revolt on my hands and I don't think I could have coaxed anyone into more trail.

We only had one minor mechanical when my pedal unscrewed itself just before we heading into Willows. Fortunately, the pedals had an allen key option for tightening and we were able to get underway again.

A bunny, a heron, a deer, a hovering hawk and a yellow thrush comprised the critter sightings. The food and refreshments back at Redhook never tasted so good.

Strange Brew bridge in Willows Fjords

Almost made it ... next time

Where am I going?

Whoop!

Tuscany rest ... where's the wine?

Horse Pasture Hill

Just don't hit the barb wire

A happy SiSp
    Cool pics Kevin. I just couln't make it cause I had a hard time getting to sleep on Saturday night. I think that Eon and I should be able to make it to the ride on Thursday though.
    Today I pushed a lawn mower probably 4-6 miles through some of the trails/overgrown double track near my house, dang, I need a good gas weedeater. Later
    ADAm