Rennen + Bolt on skewer problem- Mtbr.com
    6x7=Dont Panic!

Rennen + Bolt on skewer problem

Anyone running a rennen tensioner with bolt on skewers? I bought a set and the skewer is too short with the rollenlager on the bike. I assume all I need is a longer screw but I have no idea what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    Anyone running a rennen tensioner with bolt on skewers? I bought a set and the skewer is too short with the rollenlager on the bike. I assume all I need is a longer screw but I have no idea what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Home Depot sells machine-threaded bolts in a variety of sizes (and materials ... stainless steel, zinc plated, etc.), and you'd likely find what you need there. If all HD's are cookie cutter identical, then you'll find the packaged hardware in a display case of small bins near the rest of the bolts/screws/nails/fasteners.

If you can't eyeball the threads to make a match, dig through the case and find a nut that will properly thread on to your existing bolt, and then use it to find a longer one.

Recovering couch patato
    I had the same. Was forced to use a QR lever for the race I did with the Rennen. Race won, Rennen sold :-)
    Protect the stepped o-ring that goes under the QR nut with your life. Each time I swapped the rear wheel (way too often for one race), ir would try to dig itself into the dirt.

Good news about the Rennen : during the race I couldn't tell it was there.

It did seem that the adjustment range axle-hanger was lacking, my rear wheel never quite sunk into the dropout. Scary, but I survived. And to think I actually forsaw this possibility, no 2 hangers are the same after all.

I'd be interested to hear what a replacement bolt (really, that long, in a hardware store?) would cost. Maybe better to urge the Taiwan guy to make them 5mm longer for safety and modern funky dropout bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0