REI Limited Edition SS FYI- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

REI Limited Edition SS FYI

Was in REI Seattle last evening and noticed a SS hanging up. It was called the "Reason" and was a muted green. According to the bike guy their are only 47 available as corporate is not sure if SS is a fad or here to stay. I rode the medium and it fit my 5'9" 31 inseam well. I like the longish top tube. Nice bike with disc and chromoly fork. $649.00. I actually wanted to buy it but the wife had other designs on the dividend and 20%. Wish I got more details but was getting the "not another bike look......

Hi!!!
    I'm a parttimer at the Boise store. One of our guys bought one recently and had it painted a bright pink. It's a pretty cool looking bike. I too was thinking of prodealing one of those, but I ain't got no $.
    :Rolleyes:

mtbr member

More info

Here's some more info on the bike. Unfortunately, no EBB and it weighs almost 30 lbs. Still you've got to give REI credit for trying this.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...ory_rn=4500839

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Pretty cool bike for 650.00. That fork looks like it would take a 29er front wheel, so you vould make it a 96er. I think I would have to have it powder coated as well.

banned
    Sep 2005

Got Dividends?

Quote Originally Posted by TiRyder
    Pretty cool bike for 650.00. That fork looks like it would take a 29er front wheel, so you vould make it a 96er. I think I would have to have it powder coated as well.
    Unfortunately, I already used mine on a mavic wheelset for my SS. I may have considered it. Plus with the 15% off coupon I could have had the bike for $300. Worth it in spare parts alone

Hi!!!
    I would like to think that I was the originator of the first Novara SS....

Members who have read this thread: 0