Redline Monocog or KHS Solo One?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Redline Monocog or KHS Solo One?

I've ridden both and they feel fine. The solo one costs a bit more but not enough to make it an issue. Any of you folks have any experience with either of these bikes. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, John K.

Recovering couch patato
    Have you tried the Monocog in 29" format? I got the frameset only, and must give the frame big props. First impression : rides at least as nicely as a Surly. And I'm quite a Surly fan...
    Lots of raving reviews of the complete bike here on MTBR, and it's also well under $500.

Apart from the wheelsize debate, isn't it most fun to have bikes be as different as possible? No better way to sniff up what 29" could meanto you. And the bikes are so wanted, that it wouldn't drop in value much over a couple rides, should you not like it for some reason. With 26" SS bikes, well, a different story in this time IMO.
    Guess why Redline is well on stock with 26" Monocogs, and large shipments of 29" ones hardly ever hit the warehouse?

I don't have any experience with KHS, but from what I expereinced with Redline, they sure have a great cycling heart beating there.

Members who have read this thread: 0