redline monocog flight soon?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

redline monocog flight soon?

I'm looking at a 2006 redline monocog flight 26" this weekend. It will be my first singlspeed bike if I buy it. Where can parts be found such as rear gears or possible a derailer hanger to upgrade to a 1x7,8 or 9 speed? Don't see much on ebay or elsewhere for this bike. Thanks for your interest.

Riding rigid
    Mar 2007
    Gears? As in replacement cogs? Those are available everywhere, but first you need to know if the rear hub is a cassette or freewheel. Niner, Endless, Surly, etc. for cassette type, look for those with a wide base. Or White Industries for freewheel.

Conversion to gears? You will need a new hub, gears, a derailleur hanger, derailleur and shifters. The derailleur hanger is the most important piece to be able to hang a shifting mech. Google will pull up some kits, and discussions.

Recommendation,you should take the time to read the threads in this forum as much of what you are asking for has been discussed over the years.

mtbr member
    check on Paragon Machine works. or IRD sliders. those products are, the the best of my knowledge, essentially the same thing.I can't guarantee that will work, but it's worth a look.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    If the price and fit are right, I'd say go for it and don't worry about future conversions. Give the singlespeed life a shot for a while. And it sounds like you might have other bikes? Geared bikes? So this would round out your stable.

But as the others mentioned, yes, it is possible, though it often requires a lot of workarounds.

mtbr member
    thank you all for the replies. Bought it and riding it now. Kinda fun bike so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails redline monocog flight soon?-imgp4591.jpg