redline monocog- Mtbr.com

Thread: redline monocog

ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009

redline monocog

how cool is this? now, im sure a lotta u guys and gals know this, but i was online, checking out a web site on a lbs, and they have the monocog 29er, cool enuff, but i also c they have the monocog in 26, wow!!! that would be cool, i would think, thrashing the trail, still in ss, but on a 26er, i would guess it would be, obviously, lighter, and easier to manuever on the tight stuff. of course, it wouldnt roll over like the big brother would, but just seems 2 me it would be a blast to ride. (only thing, i AM a clydesdale, so the bigger wheels, of course, would fair better, what do u all think??0

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    I think 29er is the way to go. 4

ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009
    ya, i figured that, driver bob, with my clydesdale status and all, thanx 2 the chat back

bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have a 29er SS, non Redline, and I have the 26" Monocog, an older one when they were 110 spacing in the rear. I like both of of them. There is just something about that 26" Monocog that has kept it around for many years. I got it rather cheap, so definitely have gotten my money's worth out of it. (5000 miles in 5 years as the back up bike)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The 26" monocog is just a great bike. Quick handling, bombproof, versatile. More than one person has described it as handling like an "oversize bmx bike" which, while I don't completely agree, it is an apt comparison to point out the bike's maneuverability on the trail.

And if all that is just too many words: it's a fun bike to ride.

mtbr member
    IDK, I think my Monocog Flight 29 manuevers pretty damn good. I ride very technical single track and the 26HT and FS guys aren't getting any breaks from me.

I don't know that I would want to give up any of the rollability which is my advantage in the wet.

But I do agree from what I've heard from the other riders that "other" 29-ers that have been on our trails aren't as quick handling. So not all 29-ers are created equal.

I have no experience with a 26'cog. But maybe fatter tires could make up for less rollability??
    Just get out and ride!

ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009
    its all good

Members who have read this thread: 0