Redline Monocog 29er sizing....- Mtbr.com
    Avenue C. Posse
    Nov 2008

Redline Monocog 29er sizing....

I am 6'2" and am looking at picking up a used Monocog. It's a 19" and I was wondering if anyone around my height has any experience on this size....or should I look for at 21"?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Kinda depends on your proportions. I'm 6'5" and ride a 19", but I also have my bars low and my saddle jacked way up (410 maxed out). I have a long torso. I use it for commuting.

mtbr member
    i am 6'2" and i used to ride a 19'' cog. it fit fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'm 6'2" and I ride a 17" Monocog 29er

Avenue C. Posse
    Nov 2008
    thanks boys and girls........I appreciate it. Hopefully I will scoop it up tomorrow. Going to spend the extra cash that I would have spent on a new one and get some disc brakes, ergons and a laid back seat. It's one of the brown one's and I kinda dig that color....may even add some pink brake lines.... my girl would dig that!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You oughta be fine on a 19". I'm 6ft even, ride a 17"er D440 (same frame, only with vertical dropouts). It fits fine, but I did have to go to a 400mm seatpost. Ergons, Brooks B17, disc brakes, you'll be sittin' pretty.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    6' riding a large 19"

mtbr member
    6' 5.5" riding a 21"
    Ride more!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    6"2" riding a 21" seems like I could go with a 19"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    6'4" riding a 19 and i really enjoy it. i have a long inseam though, so the seatpost isnt long enough, but who sits down on a rigid?
    I ONLY make weird noises when i ride SS

Avenue C. Posse
    Nov 2008
    Yeah, ended up picking up a 19" brown monocog and got some additional parts on order because of what I saved over buying a new one. Can't wait to get it all together next week

mtbr member
    Diggin this one up from the past.

I am looking at going with either a monocog or D440. I am 6'1 but I have a rather large inseam at 34.25" sort of curious to see what you guys would recommend. I dont have a physical frame to go on, but it seems like I am in between a 19 and a 21. I made the mistake in the past of going just a hair too small on a frame and I really dont want to do it again as it made rides miserable after a time. I also ride pavement most of the time so I am thinking about trying a 21".. any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmsdini
    Diggin this one up from the past.

I am looking at going with either a monocog or D440. I am 6'1 but I have a rather large inseam at 34.25" sort of curious to see what you guys would recommend. I dont have a physical frame to go on, but it seems like I am in between a 19 and a 21. I made the mistake in the past of going just a hair too small on a frame and I really dont want to do it again as it made rides miserable after a time. I also ride pavement most of the time so I am thinking about trying a 21".. any thoughts?
    Stand over on the 21" MC is 33", which might be cutting it a bit close. Look at the geometry table on Redline's website. It shows the measurements of the D440 vs the MC are slightly smaller-particularly the TT. You might get away with a 21"D440, but I think you'd be pushing it with the MC.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I know it might be tough to find another 21 Redline around, but my buddy bought a D660 and the standover was way too close for comfort for my ~33-inch inseam. The 19 would probably work best. (I'm 6'1 riding a 17... a lot of seatpost showing. I'd prefer a 19, but the 17 is fine now with stem changes, etc)

mtbr member
    thanks for the help guys. Looks like a 19" will be best for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0