Redline Mono9 VS fuji tahoe- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Redline Mono9 VS fuji tahoe

im looking to build my first 29er SS. which frame is a better choice? Redline Mono9(chromoly) or a fuji tahoe sl ( ALUM.) ive found both (bare Frame) for pretty cheap?

im kinda liking the redline a little more. but i know nothing about single speed mountain bike. it just seems pretty bad ass to me to climb with one gear and i want to do it!!

Apr 2007
    Those are both geared frames. You need a Monocog frame. Unless you're planning to run a tensioner.

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    At the risk of starting a flame war, I prefer steel and would therefore vote Redline.

Fuji may make a great frame too. I like the way Redline's handle. I owned an '06 Monocog 29er for reference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar333
    im looking to build my first 29er SS. which frame is a better choice? Redline Mono9(chromoly) or a fuji tahoe sl ( ALUM.) ive found both (bare Frame) for pretty cheap?

im kinda liking the redline a little more. but i know nothing about single speed mountain bike. it just seems pretty bad ass to me to climb with one gear and i want to do it!!
    its converteable aint it?

Apr 2007
    Any frame can be converted to single speed with an added tensioner, but singlespeed frames have a built in tensioning device (EBB, sliders, track ends, that weird chain-stay deal by ibis, etc.).

Members who have read this thread: 0