Redline Flight Monocog questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Redline Flight Monocog questions

Are all years of this bike 29ers?

Also, looking at the sizing information (I have only ever ridden road - so the inches for frames is a bit confusing) - would I be okay with a 19" if my road has the same (though a bit higher) standover as the mtb? Or should I go considerably smaller on the mtb?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    you should try to ride some. its really the only way especially if you dont already have a mtb. not all years were 29er. they are great bikes.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Demens
    Are all years of this bike 29ers?

Also, looking at the sizing information (I have only ever ridden road - so the inches for frames is a bit confusing) - would I be okay with a 19" if my road has the same (though a bit higher) standover as the mtb? Or should I go considerably smaller on the mtb?

Thanks!
    First question - yes. The Flight first appeared in 2007 (green). It's a fantastic bike.

How tall are you? The 19" is a Large - probably comparable to a 58cm road bike. When I had my Flight - I had an XL, 21". FWIW - I ride a 62cm road bike and am 6'3".

Keep in mind - MTB sizing also uses the seat tube measurement, from center of the BB to top of the seat tube (normally, there is some variance (e.g. Surly)). More important than the ST measurment, IMO, is the ETT. Judge your right MTB size based on the ETT.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    First question. Nope. First year they made the Flight in a 26 and 29

mtbr member
    I have the blue Flight 29 and I am 5' 10" (32" inseem) and I chose the 17" and it is perfect for my size. I love the bike.
    Nobody will hurt you more than yourself

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for all the replies!

I think I will look for a 17"ish if I can get ahold of one, but also won't turn down a 19" if it comes my way...

Hoping to pick up a Monocog Flight this Saturday... Fingers crossed.

Members who have read this thread: 0