Recommend me a frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Recommend me a frame

Recommend me a frame for the 24hrs of 9 mile in Wausau for this summer. Of course I will ENO it, so it will have to be a vert drop frame.

26er or 29er.

I am thinking a hard tail frame with a soospenshun spork...

Recommend pls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3LPiAWNx28&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3LPiAWNx28&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Pretty hard to go wrong with a surly 1x1 (26) or a Karate Monkey (29). Not the lightest but my medium 1x1 with average parts is just under 24 lbs.

Harrumph
    Mamasita or Dos Niner, big wheels with a bit of give at either end would be nice there. But they also make a damn fine SS, the Selma. Maybe a Fisher Superfly, that's a frame prime for ENO'in.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Siren Song 29. Then you'll have a bike you can travel with in an airline case as well. I'm going to try so hard to go to 24/9 next year. So ****ing hard. I probably won't be able to be on a four man team, so I'll probably just do a 12 hour solo.

mtbr member
    I would say a Singular Swift, they rock but I see that you are on that side of the ocean

1 ☼ ♥

... and if we just ... 1x1 mos def

I have a Surly 1x1 and love it!! It's set up with 650B wheels and it rolls over Sh*t Like you wouldn't believe....Only problem for you is it doesn't have vertical dropouts. I don't have experience the Eno hubs so I don't know if you can run it on the Surly.

Sweep the leg!
    26" wheels are an option? How about scrounging up a Ritchey P-23 or P-22?
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Its too late for me since I like the 29" wheels so much, but the Surly 1x1 has always been my dream frame. Salsa Ala Carte would also be a good similar option (vertical drops on that one)

However for a 24hr race these are the frames I would really want to ride:
    Salsa Dos Niner
    On One Scandal
    Voodoo Aizan

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I know you already know this, but ENO doesn't necessarily mean eccentric, only single speed. My Niner SIR9 has White Industries hubs, and the rear hub is an ENO but it ain't eccentric. But if you insist on using an eccentric hub when you don't have to, then buy a Niner MCR and put a Fox 100mm fork on it.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Recommend me a frame for the 24hrs of 9 mile in Wausau for this summer. Of course I will ENO it, so it will have to be a vert drop frame.

26er or 29er.

I am thinking a hard tail frame with a soospenshun spork...

Recommend pls.
    you prick.
    you start a thread rather then email me?

you're on the list.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

=========
    Buy yet another Monkey and then sell it right at the race, right out from under your(bad)self.

Is we teaming up or do i unleash a swarm of spider-gnomez upon thee?

Full Tilt Boogie
    May 2005
    http://www.osbikes.com/bikes.html

I'm loving mine. Inexpensive, great pedigree, rides awesome, and they're not a dime a dozen. Sounds like your kind of bike to me.
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

Members who have read this thread: 0