Rebuilt Bianchi singlespeed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Rebuilt Bianchi singlespeed

My girlfriend has been wanting a mountain bike for a while so I decided to build up my old steel bianchi peregrine. This was the frame I used to race when I was in middle school, so it doesn't even remotly fit me, but it fits her perfect. Almost all the parts are old parts I had laying around. I know the steerer tube hasn't been cut, it will be by this weekend.

frame when I took it to get powdercoated

AUGER-N
    Dec 2005
    It is amazing what a little love can do. You sure would never guess it was the same frame! Nice build.

Teen Wolf
    love the paint

mtbr member
    It would be a good idea to drop another link from the chain, or use a half-link. It looks like your girl might have skipping issues because the chain isn't wrapped around enough of the cog.

It's a beauty!

mtbr member
    Yes! She'll love it. The carbon fork will really help her steer too 'cause it lightens up the front end so much and helps alleviate "full rigid" harshness.
    Creative Producer, Will of the Sun, Platform Pedal Shootout 1M+ views WoS

Did I catch a niner+?
    You did all this for your GF? Can I be your GF?

pink
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amishscum
    It would be a good idea to drop another link from the chain, or use a half-link. It looks like your girl might have skipping issues because the chain isn't wrapped around enough of the cog.

It's a beauty!
    And get the tensioner pushing UP for more chain wrap and a lot tidier look too.

If only you knew how much I hate to see all these pushing down tensioners - maybe that's just me of course......

Pretty bike anyway !

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the comments! I don't know if i can flip the chain tensioner, it was just a piece that came in a cheap single speed kit. I plan on upgrading it, just not sure to what yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Love it. Rad bike.

That tensioner looks like the Pyramid/Dimension/el-cheapo tensioners everyone rebrands. I had one and what I did was remove the C-clip from around the hanger bolt. You can then pull the whole thing apart. I completely removed the spring and silver ring it sits in, then built the height back up with a couple of washers. The tensioner can then be bolted down nice and tight, in push-up or push-down mode, and it's no longer sprung, so it's more like a DMR or Rennen tensioner. Mine worked flawlessly like that for a year before I went to an ENO Eccentric hub.

mtbr member
    Damn that is a really nice rebuild you have there, She is one lucky lady.

O and so is your GF.

Members who have read this thread: 0