Rear Hub for my NS B.itch 2007- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Rear Hub for my NS B.itch 2007

Hey guys, i recently bought an NS B.itch 2007 and I'm absolutely thrilled with the frame! The problem is my old rear QR Formula Single Speed hub is total crap and it slips all the time : (
    First of all, i wanted to ask you if the B.itch can use 135x14mm rear axles because i was thinking of bying the normal or 14mm version of the DMR Revolver SS. Another hub i was thinking about was the NS Bikes Coaster SS. Can you guys tell me if these hubs are any good for my frame and if not, give me an advice which ss hub would be the best for my frame : ) I just want a hub that will be sturdy and will never slip when tightened.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Lith1um; 04-05-2008 at 03:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    As someone who SSs as well as rides BMX as well as also coming from the "streety-jumpy" MTB scene, I'll say if you think you'll need the extra strength of a 14mm, then get a BMX. I resisted getting it for literally years thinking that 26/24" wheels would be suitable, but trust me getting a BMX was the best thing I ever did. Non-XC MTBs just feel kludgy to me.
    That said, if you're not grinding and don't need 14mm, the DMR Revolver would be alright. It's basically just a BMX hub, sealed bearings and threaded to accept a freewheel. Dead simple and if the bearings cack, it should be easy to get replacements. The NS Bikes is basically the same design, so either would be good. If you're jumping/trail riding you shouldn't need 14mm. Also, it's harder to get parts for if you should ever need a replacement since 14x135 is MTB only (BMX uses 110mm width) and it's a good deal heavier.

Members who have read this thread: 0