Re-affirmation- Mtbr.com

Thread: Re-affirmation

Robtre

Re-affirmation

This weekend at my local trail was a Salsa /Surly demo. The good news: I demo'ed a Surly Krampus and loved it! The bad news: I demo'ed a Salsa Horsethief. I decided after 6 years of Single speeding I'd try the bike that represented everything I don't have; Aluminum full-suspension geared bike! No knock to Salsa as the El Mar is my next purchase. I hated the bobbing of the FS bike. Yes I had the suspension set up for me beforehand. I hated the chain slap and shifting! I really am not smart enough for a geared bike I really screwed it up. And furthermore, the aluminum is so chattery I just could not wait to get off that bike. Again to those who own this bike no disrespect its just not for me.
    -rides bikes for fun.

rebmem rbtm
    Quote Originally Posted by robtre View Post
    I hated the chain slap and shifting! I really am not smart enough for a geared bike I really screwed it up. And furthermore, the aluminum is so chattery.
    lmao. That part cracked me up.
    This morning I caught up to a couple of geared full suspension riders on just the terrain you hope to catch up to a couple of said bikes. Slight up and down with lots of twisties...right in my power band. Riding behind them I thought how do they stand all that metal on metal noise?

Finally they let me pass and it felt good to just be one with the trail on a simple bike again. To celebrate I made a climb I failed last time. Great day.

Members who have read this thread: 0