Racing...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Racing...

I like to ride bikes!

Racing...

Went to a fun little race in Minocqua WI on Sat. They called it the Winter Park Bail Out Race. The proceeds go to help out an awsome cross country skiing venue. My wife (Susie) and I rode the 20 mile race (Me on my SS of course). The course was two 10 mile laps on some very cool trail, mostly doule track XC ski trails with a few miles of single track here and there. Oh ya one killer climb and a bunch of short steep ones. Susie got 1st overall female and I got 5th overall male. Not too bad against the gearies. My little guy Elliot also raced in the kids race. Big smiles were had by all!

mtbr member

Sooper awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by scoutdog
    Went to a fun little race in Minocqua WI on Sat. They called it the Winter Park Bail Out Race. The proceeds go to help out an awsome cross country skiing venue. My wife (Susie) and I rode the 20 mile race (Me on my SS of course). The course was two 10 mile laps on some very cool trail, mostly doule track XC ski trails with a few miles of single track here and there. Oh ya one killer climb and a bunch of short steep ones. Susie got 1st overall female and I got 5th overall male. Not too bad against the gearies. My little guy Elliot also raced in the kids race. Big smiles were had by all!
    Sounds and looks like it was a great time. Can't wait until little Annabel wipes up the training wheelers. WAHOOO!!!!

Let me know which 12 hr races you'd like to team up for, SS style, because that's all I got. How's the Orange King or all Surlys treating you?

E

I like to ride bikes!
    I love the CrossCheck!!! Ya I would love to do a 12 hour with ya. Right now my schedule is to race most all the 12 hour series with Susie as a Duo. But both of us are planning on doing the Stump Farm race solo. If like last year we are the points winners early on then you and I could race one of the later races together.

Bill

mtbr member

I'll pretend it's...

Quote Originally Posted by scoutdog
    I love the CrossCheck!!! Ya I would love to do a 12 hour with ya. Right now my schedule is to race most all the 12 hour series with Susie as a Duo. But both of us are planning on doing the Stump Farm race solo. If like last year we are the points winners early on then you and I could race one of the later races together.

Bill
    I'll pretend it's a SS, hee hee! yeah, let's play it by ear. We can just team up campsites and just enjoy racing times with all.
    That's one cool bike!
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 05-10-2004 at 07:38 AM. Reason: .

I love Pisgah
    Hey, that little guy(Elliot)looks pretty tough!

Is that a Noleen MegaAir on your bike? Strong light fork.

Very nice post.

I like to ride bikes!

Noleen

Ya, its a Noleen. A few years ago I got a few free ones from K2, they just keep taking the beating! No TLC, just ride em hard! Some people say they leek? Not mine! I think they work better than the Sid team I got last year. There very stiff and resonably light. You used to be able to buy one off Ebay for about 100 bucks. But last week I went to order one and they were all gone?