Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Reformed car junkie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    194

    Quick BCD question

    I jsut picked up a set of Race Face Turbine cranks off ebay. They are the square taper veriety, and the seller says it is a compact crankset. They are comming with rings for a gearie, so I need to get a SS ring. SO, does any one know what the BCD on these cranks are so I can try to find a ring?!? Any help is GREATLY apprecieated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    blame me for missed rides
    Reputation: weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    789
    compact means the BCD is 94mm for mid and outer rings..

  3. #3
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by weather
    compact means the BCD is 94mm for mid and outer rings..
    ... assuming they are 5-bolt. I have seen the 4-bolt 104 mm BCD also called compact.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #4
    Steel and teeth.
    Reputation: b1umb0y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    ... assuming they are 5-bolt. I have seen the 4-bolt 104 mm BCD also called compact.
    Did Race Face make a Turbine crank in the 4-arm configuration (with the square taper interface)?

    b1umb0y

  5. #5
    Reformed car junkie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    ... assuming they are 5-bolt. I have seen the 4-bolt 104 mm BCD also called compact.

    They are 5 bolt. I guess i should have specified that, but it was like 12:30 and I had a few brews in me, sorry.

    Awesome, thanks for the help. None of my searching turned up a definitive answer. Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by b1umb0y
    Did Race Face make a Turbine crank in the 4-arm configuration (with the square taper interface)?

    b1umb0y
    I do not keep up on cranks that are made only in "short" lengths (180 mm and less).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    Steel and teeth.
    Reputation: b1umb0y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I do not keep up on cranks that are made only in "short" lengths (180 mm and less).
    Interesting... given the context of the original post.

    b1

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    186
    [QUOTE=SandmanLJS. They are comming with rings for a gearie, so I need to get a SS ring. QUOTE]
    Just use the ring that comes with the crank. Note: You will need to get shorter chainring bolts whether you get a new ring or not.
    "I've never been better .... nor cared less!"

  9. #9
    The man who fell to earth
    Reputation: Ziggy-Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    335
    I have a set of 5 arm, Race Face Turbine square taper cranks - they have 110mm BCD.

    If yours are similar to mine, something like this should work:



    Available for $19 at https://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=CR3670
    Or just use the rings that come with it, they should work fine too.

    And don't forget the stubby single chainring bolts too.



    Good luck


    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanLJS
    I jsut picked up a set of Race Face Turbine cranks off ebay. They are the square taper veriety, and the seller says it is a compact crankset. They are comming with rings for a gearie, so I need to get a SS ring. SO, does any one know what the BCD on these cranks are so I can try to find a ring?!? Any help is GREATLY apprecieated. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Reformed car junkie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    194
    I think im gonna have to wait and make sure they are infact compact, I really dont feel like wasting money I dont really have. Thanks guys.

Similar Threads

  1. quick bar question
    By 94ranger234 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 10:04 AM
  2. Brought home new Kona....quick question
    By EvanPA2b in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:07 PM
  3. quick flux question...
    By rexamillion in forum Turner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 01:52 PM
  4. quick kona coiler question
    By ajw8899 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:40 PM
  5. quick headset question (need help)
    By smoofers in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:32 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.