Question for those with superior intellect......- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Bikes not Bombs.....
    Reputation: SS Jerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    508

    Question for those with superior intellect......

    What is the proper tool(s) selection to remove the chain ring from a set of ENO cranks?

    This perplexing question is inhibiting my ability to process work at my employment today.... hence the subject question is asked....

    My gratitude exceeds my ability to conveys words to the person(s) who provides worthwhile accurate information.....

    SS Jerry
    Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... -

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    using my mind...

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Jerry
    What is the proper tool(s) selection to remove the chain ring from a set of ENO cranks?

    This perplexing question is inhibiting my ability to process work at my employment today.... hence the subject question is asked....

    My gratitude exceeds my ability to conveys words to the person(s) who provides worthwhile accurate information.....

    SS Jerry
    I have gathered cummulative data through proper market research...take it to a bike shop if you don't have the tool.

  3. #3
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Jerry
    What is the proper tool(s) selection to remove the chain ring from a set of ENO cranks?

    This perplexing question is inhibiting my ability to process work at my employment today.... hence the subject question is asked....

    My gratitude exceeds my ability to conveys words to the person(s) who provides worthwhile accurate information.....

    SS Jerry
    Lock ring tool. I already did it on my ENO. Doesn't take much effort. Just unscrew the ring (counterclockwise, natch) and you'll see the juicy goodness of the splines and chainring.



    https://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=TL2401

  4. #4
    SS Madness
    Reputation: xjohnnyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    102

    No No No...

    My own extensive research and hands on training permits me to make the following erudition: A 3 lb. hammer and a #3 standard screwdriver should be all the equipment you need to fix any malady on any vehicle.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    juicy goodness

    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Lock ring tool. I already did it on my ENO. Doesn't take much effort. Just unscrew the ring (counterclockwise, natch) and you'll see the juicy goodness of the splines and chainring.
    That is the juicyest tool porn...I need to get me one of those. I will ride today...20 or so miles...being sick, having a new baby, it's taken a toll on my sanity. I have to ride...

    http://www.gottobeme.com/annabel.htm

  6. #6
    semi-evolved simian
    Reputation: Mine'sAPint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by xjohnnyx
    My own extensive research and hands on training permits me to make the following erudition: A 3 lb. hammer and a #3 standard screwdriver should be all the equipment you need to fix any malady on any vehicle.
    And duct tape. You musn't forget the duct tape.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    yes it would...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine'sAPint
    And duct tape. You musn't forget the duct tape.
    Keep in mind that some bubble gum, a crescent wrench, and a AAA map of western Montana might also do the trick.

  8. #8
    No relation
    Reputation: Ichabod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    192

    Too easy

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Jerry
    This perplexing question is inhibiting my ability to process work at my employment today.... hence the subject question is asked....
    SS Jerry
    Round-trip one: The fastest pair, Adam and Larry, cross the footbridge, taking 2 minutes. Adam returns with the flashlight. Elapsed time: 3 minutes.

    Round-trip two: The slow pair, Edge and Bono, cross the footbridge, taking 10 minutes. Larry takes the flashlight and goes back across. Elapsed time: 12 minutes.

    Final trip: Adam and Larry cross, taking two minutes. Elapsed time: 17 minutes.

    Finally, the sniper in the tree fires...
    Don't you ever, don't you ever, stop being dandy showing me you're handsome.

  9. #9
    paintbucket
    Reputation: wooglin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Lock ring tool. I already did it on my ENO. Doesn't take much effort. Just unscrew the ring (counterclockwise, natch) and you'll see the juicy goodness of the splines and chainring.



    https://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=TL2401
    DAyum. I haven't used a tool like that in years. But if its anyting like taking off the lock ring on an old school BB I'll happily pass. Between that and freewheels I might just consider giving up the whole SS movement entirely.....
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

  10. #10
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Reputation: Drevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    DAyum. I haven't used a tool like that in years. But if its anyting like taking off the lock ring on an old school BB I'll happily pass. Between that and freewheels I might just consider giving up the whole SS movement entirely.....
    Nahhh, it was really easy to take the lock ring off. However, I agree with you about freewheels and especially track cogs. Them Boone disc fixie cogs sure are easy to remove, and work well to boot!

Similar Threads

  1. Brake response question? and Slider pressure question?
    By Gnar in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 03:20 PM
  2. Chameleon setup question
    By FrontRanger in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 02:07 PM
  3. Newbie lbs question
    By joshua_msu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 04:49 PM
  4. A couple of question...
    By bike_riot in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 06:48 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.