Question; Fetish Fixation frame geometry- Mtbr.com
    no gears, no tears

Question; Fetish Fixation frame geometry

Looks like I'll be getting a pretty decent tax return this year so I've decided to get a SS speffic frame. I've been riding a converted Giant Rincon for the past couple years. Totally hooked on SS. Been looking at the Fetish Fixation frame. The plan is to get a new frame and wheels, and swap the rest of the parts over. Like to keep the cost to under $400 CAN. Doable if I get the Fetish. Don't want anything too high end as this will be mostly an urban bike, full rigid, v-brakes, riding to work, grocery getter etc.

My question is; My giant is a 19" frame, seat tube c-c 19", effective top tube is 23". Fetish lists the 19" frame as 23" top tube, is that effective or actual? Should I get the 19" or 17"?

Thanks.

Keep on Rockin...

Short...

Quote Originally Posted by giantrider
    Looks like I'll be getting a pretty decent tax return this year so I've decided to get a SS speffic frame. I've been riding a converted Giant Rincon for the past couple years. Totally hooked on SS. Been looking at the Fetish Fixation frame. The plan is to get a new frame and wheels, and swap the rest of the parts over. Like to keep the cost to under $400 CAN. Doable if I get the Fetish. Don't want anything too high end as this will be mostly an urban bike, full rigid, v-brakes, riding to work, grocery getter etc.

My question is; My giant is a 19" frame, seat tube c-c 19", effective top tube is 23". Fetish lists the 19" frame as 23" top tube, is that effective or actual? Should I get the 19" or 17"?

Thanks.
    Can't say for sure but a 23" eff TT is really short for a 19" c-c frame.

wot no bike?
    giantrider:

Fetish Cycles indicates on their website that 23" TT is the actual TT length for the 19" frame. The ETT for the 19" is about 23.25-23.50". I'm 6'0" with a 34" true inseem and the 19" fits well. Incidently, the 19" frame is 19" C-T.
    pete

no gears, no tears
    Quote Originally Posted by pahearn
    giantrider:

Fetish Cycles indicates on their website that 23" TT is the actual TT length for the 19" frame. The ETT for the 19" is about 23.25-23.50". I'm 6'0" with a 34" true inseem and the 19" fits well. Incidently, the 19" frame is 19" C-T.
    I'm 5"10 1/2 with a 34" inseam, I ussually prefer smaller frames as I have a shorter torso and longer legs. So I think I'll go with the 17" frame. Thanks for the help.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    i'm thinking about getting a fixation too - but not sure what size. i'm 5'7" with a 29 inseam. any suggestions? thanks!
    kokopelli racing

mtbr member
    I have a Fixation and am also about 5'11 with same inseam, the 17" is great you'll love it.
    luck favors the prepared.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    cool, thanks for your reply.

do you think you'd be comfortable on a 15 - or would it be too cramped?
    kokopelli racing

mtbr member
    I think it'd be too cramped for me. The TT is pretty short and sloping. If you're 5' 7 I would bet a 15" would be a fit. You might try calling em and getting a recomendation. I got it at their web site when I bought mine. fetishcycles.com
    luck favors the prepared.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    thanks again! i tried to email fetish before i posted, but didn't get a response. i'll try and give them a jingle.

i'm thinking a 15 may be good - in addition to my inseam, i have short arms too... but to compensate, i have a big head.
    kokopelli racing

Members who have read this thread: 0