QQQQ team at Old Pueblo!- Mtbr.com
    King Pin

... and if we just ... QQQQ team at Old Pueblo!

Ha ha...I'm first home!

We made quite the appearance this weekend, in our smutty New Belgium cruiser jerseys and all! Veelz/LakeRaven/Ken from KC and Xrmattaz made ourselves KNOWN! Them other SS boys will certainly be watching out for this team next year.....

Good times were had by all. No injuries, per say...other than the odd cholla stick, etc.

Weather was clear and COLD!!! We froze our proverbial butts off, but still got out to ride.

The team stopped to help out many a stricken rider, one guy today had an obvious AC shoulder seperation. I stayed wit him for 10 minutes, looking for a faster guy to deliver the news to the aid station.. Yeah, Baby! Next guy up was Tinker!! He accepted the news from me and DID deliver!! What a guy. Passed me twice this weekend, and I never....never heard him. Just a leetle whoosh....and Tink was gone, again.

Last night eleven-ish, a young gal was perhaps five miles from the finish when her lighteage failed to light. She MOST graciously accepted my spare Cygo, and almost beat me to the finish!

The others will chime in with their stories....we did our part this weekend to spread the SS love....and I personally loved every minute hanging out with this motley bunch!

Thanks guys....we done good! Next year......

Addendum....if'n you invite these lads over I have three words for ya.

Them there boys can EAT! Bring lotsa chow....
    Last edited by xrmattaz; 02-15-2004 at 07:47 PM.

34N 118W

nice

looking forward to more stories. Photos? Sounds like a great time

HW

Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz
    Ha ha...I'm first home!

We made quite the appearance this weekend, in our smutty New Belgium cruiser jerseys and all! Veelz/LakeRaven/Ken from KC and Xrmattaz made ourselves KNOWN! Them other SS boys will certainly be watching out for this team next year.....

Good times were had by all. No injuries, per say...other than the odd cholla stick, etc.

Weather was clear and COLD!!! We froze our proverbial butts off, but still got out to ride.

The team stopped to help out many a stricken rider, one guy today had an obvious AC shoulder seperation. I stayed wit him for 10 minutes, looking for a faster guy to deliver the news to the aid station.. Yeah, Baby! Next guy up was Tinker!! He accepted the news from me and DID deliver!! What a guy. Passed me twice this weekend, and I never....never heard him. Just a leetle whoosh....and Tink was gone, again.

Last night eleven-ish, a young gal was perhaps five miles from the finish when her lighteage failed to light. She MOST graciously accepted my spare Cygo, and almost beat me to the finish!

The others will chime in with their stories....we did our part this weekend to spread the SS love....and I personally loved every minute hanging out with this motley bunch!

Thanks guys....we done good! Next year......

Addendum....if'n you invite these lads over I have three words for ya.

Them there boys can EAT! Bring lotsa chow....

If you have to ask...

I'm happy to be home

Well, we went out to race, and although we suck big-time, preliminary results showed us as finishing fourth in the SS category.

This is despite my broken hands, Erik's SEVERE bonk on his first night lap (and inabilty to continue riding his garish Klein- his susequent laps were on my bike), Eric's PW arriving from it's repaint friday afternoon, and Bill's having all of a week and a half on his first SS, the Ugly Baby.

Yeah, the Scumbags sucked, but not as bad as eight other teams did.

Lickin' forhead to next year

miles

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I'm tired......off to bed

But before I go.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Schweeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAAD
    But before I go.....
    Glad you were able to make it back in one peace and that you had your PW for the race. We weren't sure you would have it in time. Fourth place out of 12 teams is very respectable. I knew you would have a great time, the trick is to not take anything too seriously and remember that you're there to have a good time and to ride. In the future I look forward to being able to join you guys on more races...but for now, I have a Lab report due in a few hours that I should be working on...

--Billy

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    - Douglas Adams

King Pin
    I think QQQQ officially finished in 12th place! Woohooo!!!!!

We had the most fun, tho. Pics will have to post later, as my digicam musta been set wrong...ummm...my pics is all whited-out. Veelz'll have some, tho. And Gary when he gets back to Chicago this afternoon.

Here's the ONE that came out right....just a campsite pic showing off our pimpin' New Belgium cruizer jerseys. Left to right...Ken in KC/XRmomma/Veeelzz and Colleen (Veelz girl).

Account Retired

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Back in Black

It never fails.....this wild synergy that exists even between veritable strangers that I meet up while mountain biking. We had an excellent time over the weekend riding/racing, chatting, chuckling and eating Matt and Cindy out of house and home. I met and/or saw many MTBr folks over the weekend and I got to see some old friends like Ken in KC and Scout Dog. We missed meeting some of you folks, but maybe next year we can get together around the fire. I made two new riding friends in xrMattaz and veelz and that's the best thing that happened to me over the weekend. I didn't take too many pictures, but somehow lucked out and got to ride the sunset and sunrise shifts during the race. The sunset was pure magic, but the pictures of it only exist in my fondest memories of the 24OP. Here are some shots to share.

The end of the race for a couple of Veelz' friends. (L to R) LakeRaven (dat's me), Rudy (fixed gear solo singlespeed energiser bunny), xrMattaz, Another SS Soloist (Veelze will have to fill his name) and Veelz

The Jericho Booth for those who were wondering if they are alive and kicking. Word is they are working on their new line and will be coming out with rear cogs sometime (soon?)

The Giant Killer........the young stud that beat Tinker in the solo class...........Cameron (Ken knows him, they're both from KC)

I'll let Veelz explain this shot of his painted toes and why it took Ken in KC and Collen to wrestle his sock off to get the picture.

How many singlespeeders does it take to put up a tent?
    Last edited by LakeRaven; 02-16-2004 at 07:43 PM.

King Pin

Good job! Gary...thanks for the memories!

Again, good times were had by all. I miss you guys...my heart hurts this afternoon.

Here is my attempt at Photoshoppin the "Rudy pic". Rudy rode TWENTY FOUR FREAKING HOURS" on a fixie. 38/18 he tol' me. Fixie/drop bars/rigid.

I'm a big ol' strong lad, and 32/17 was toooo much after two laps.

Alongside David "Tinker" Juarez, Rudy is one dude to be concerned with. That leetle dude is an animal.......

And finishing the last lap in a pink "Energizer Bunny" suit was just the icing on the cake...

Account Retired

Qqqq = 11

We weren't 12th...............we were 11th and we beat out a group of blind one legged nuns.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pics

Hey Lakeraven,
    Why your posted pics not coming up?

Eric

King Pin

... and if we just ...

We may have possibly smoked one of the three Preskit teams as well!

Who cares...? I did my FIRST night ride in twenty freakin' years. Amazing stuff, these new lights are.....here's a pic of the team, again sportin' the nice "jerseys" one gets by being a "sponsored" team.....

Account Retired

They worked earlier

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAAD
    Hey Lakeraven,
    Why your posted pics not coming up?

Eric
    But I fixed'em sort of half a$$'d, just like I race.

I am Doctor Remulak

Good times...

It was good to meet you guys Scott, Ken and Gary. Sorry you weren't around when butocabra (Eric) and I stopped by Saturday morning Matt. Looks like you guys had a good camp and rode a good race. Just to prove that I was there, here's a shot of the sticker on your Sofa King. How does it ride?

We camped accross the road from these guys. Great team name.

King Pin

... and if we just ... Mikey

The King Pin is an awesome ride. More than I had even hoped for whilst first ordering and such. Lightweight/strong/compliant and just plain pretty!

Awesome photo showing the equally incredible welds...thanks! Sorry I missed you guyz, musta been crappin' or something.

I CANNOT wait until next year!