Put away wet, and was just fine- Mtbr.com
    Cars Are Evil

Put away wet, and was just fine

I did around 40 miles over 4 hours the other night, the last hour or so was in the rain. I was soaked when I got home, but was happy to have made it up the long last hill that gets me sometimes. I put my Rig in the garage and went inside.

Two days later, this morning, I went out to ride it to a meeting at the office in town. I was running right on time. My geared bike would have had spots of rust on the chain, squeeked, and needed lube and a minute or two of fussing. I spun the Rig's cranks by hand. Not a squeak, although it could be better. Let's go! The drivetrain quickly settled into the singlespeed silence and I blasted into town, 10 rolling miles in 40 minutes. I was feeling stronger up the hills, even with laptop, lock, tools and extra clothes on my back. Extra weight helps crank

Just figured I'd share my singlespeed bliss of the day

Combat Wombat
    Why would the geared bike's chain show rust and your SS wouldn't?

Brian

Cars Are Evil
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianU
    Why would the geared bike's chain show rust and your SS wouldn't?

Brian
    Cuz the geared one rubs the sides of the chain when it's shifting and with all the pulleys. Lube doesn't last nearly as long.

I wear two thongs
    Yeah I love the simplicity of single speeding, people may say its just a "fad" but ever since I discovered that I didnt need those other 26 gears my riding has gotten alot lest frustrating.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

Members who have read this thread: 0