Pup's New Ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pup's New Ride

Social Retard

Pup's New Ride

My first SS project and ride. I'm still working on the stem/handlebar issue but the rest of the bike is solid. Since it's my first ss, I'm realizing the small 24" monkeylite handlebar doesn't provide enough leverage when climbing.
    Gearing is a simple 32/16. I'm coming off an injury to my chest and back, so this 'project' is really my rehab. I lacerated my lung so out of the saddle efforts really give me a good workout.
    I'm hoping to be 100% by August and then I'll be back racing the endurance stuff again. Thanks to most on this forum and the gang at Webcyclery.com for helping me learn the ropes and putting it all into action...
    I'm also realizing that this ss stuff is a lifestyle and way of life. Very cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by the pup; 06-13-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Wow a Ridley MTB, that's a rare beast in America. I'm guessing your in Belguim/Holand/Germany?

EDIT: I saw from your profile that your from Palm Desert, do you have a Ridley dealer near you? I didn't think they even imported MTB frames.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Social Retard
    As a matter of fact we do have a Ridley dealer in town, but I found this from a kid in Nevada. Quite the score. The frame is so stiff, I was worried it would beat me up in the 12/24hr races. As my endurance comes back up the bike isn't so harsh.
    I'm hoping to be back in shape by late summer.

Members who have read this thread: 0