Thread: psylo race

I like endos

psylo race

Anyone running a psylo race on their ss? I was considering it because of the adjustable travel and the remote lockout, plus it looks good and beefy, but I was wondering if anyone else had experience.

The man who fell to earth
    I've got an '03 psylo race, which is the same as an '04 race. This shock is ok in the stiffness category, its got a beefy crown and it has the remote lockout. But the stanchions are only 30mm whereas most modern shocks intended for any sort of freeriding or heavy enduro stuff have gone to 32mm. Directional stability down gnarly rooty stuff isnt horrible, but it could be better if it had 32's. But the spring is weak, apparently designed for the mythical 140 lb XCer (I'm 185lbs), and the damping is poor as well. When you try to adjust damping using the handlebar lever there is no discernable difference in damping during 95% of the lever's travel, and then all of sudden in the last 5% it increases damping rapidly until it locks out. And the handlebar lever is configured so that its difficult to use while riding, very poor ergonomically. I never use the lockout, it's a wasted feature for me.

At this point I have about a half a season of riding on mine, and it's starting to fall apart. The coating (teflon?) on the stanchions is wearing away very heavily and you can see bare scraped aluminum on the outer portion of both sides of the stanchions. I even spray some Tri-flo on the sliders before every ride, but to no avail. There is also a sort of clunkiness to it, that is probably being caused from the bushings wearing out. I think mud and dirt has penetrated past the xxx seals (which Im not impressed with at all).

Overall, I would steer clear. The psylo is supposed to be some kind of rugged trail bike/freeriding fork, and although it has a fairly beefy (and also pretty heavy at 4.3 lbs or so) crown/lower, overall it blows. I do not recommend it based on my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerFly
    Anyone running a psylo race on their ss? I was considering it because of the adjustable travel and the remote lockout, plus it looks good and beefy, but I was wondering if anyone else had experience.