Primo Cranks- Mtbr.com

Thread: Primo Cranks

Ron
    mtbr member

Primo Cranks

Has anyone used or have any experience with the Powerbite or Hollowbite cranks?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I don't have any personal experience with the primo cranks, but plenty of pro bmx freestyle or jumpers use them, I personally would go with either the redline flight 2 cranks, cheap and fairly light for a cromo bmx crank- I have these on one of my bmx bikes and my older steel monocog, or go with profiles, more expensive, but proven, I run these on my aluminum monocog with a ti spindle, and with the stock cromo spindle on my bmx cruiser.
    Considering the still heavy weight of the primo aluminum cranks, and the fact that most of the better cromo cranks weight a little less I'd go with the cromo cranks- splines instead of a square taper BB also.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by single1x1
    I don't have any personal experience with the primo cranks, but plenty of pro bmx freestyle or jumpers use them, I personally would go with either the redline flight 2 cranks, cheap and fairly light for a cromo bmx crank- I have these on one of my bmx bikes and my older steel monocog, or go with profiles, more expensive, but proven, I run these on my aluminum monocog with a ti spindle, and with the stock cromo spindle on my bmx cruiser.
    Considering the still heavy weight of the primo aluminum cranks, and the fact that most of the better cromo cranks weight a little less I'd go with the cromo cranks- splines instead of a square taper BB also.
    The Primo BB is not square taper. It is a pinch-bolt design that happens to have a square interface.

I had the Powerbites on a BMX bike. They were very heavy with the stock steel spindle. Ti would be lighter, but at an $80 upcharge.

Ron
    mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I was thinking that they would be lighter than the cromo cranks but of course heavier than standard MTB cranks. I'm shopping for some longer cranks and it seems the best deal may be the 180mm ENO's.

Members who have read this thread: 0