Post your dog with your single speed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Post your dog with your single speed

I've noticed the love for single speeds, beer and dogs here so lets see the bikes with the trail dogs!

This is my Cielo and Late Bullmastiff Mack "The Moose" Puppers McGabriel. Aka Jumbo, Aka Mr. Puppers about two years ago. We miss him very much.

Post your dog with your single speed-img_20140518_105649.jpg

Here my Ridgeback, Ketchup Finneus Q. Smell Hound The III Esquire and my Gunnar. These were taken when he was 8-10 weeks old. He is now a 100 pounds of insane.

Post your dog with your single speed-img_20140923_163259.jpg

Post your dog with your single speed-img_20140923_163319.jpg

Shop Dog!

Post your dog with your single speed-img_20160119_194318_01.jpg

Let's see your ride with your Dawg!
    Last edited by Click Click Boom; 02-02-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Vassago VerHauen-For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Before a brutal 30km trail ride in Western Australia
    Post your dog with your single speed-dog.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Your cattle dog went 30km with you? I just got one and am hoping to make her a trail dog, she already does great on runs and hikes but i haven't had her out with the bike yet. I was thinking a 10 mile ride would be alot but 18 WOW... can't wait!Post your dog with your single speed-stella.jpg

mtbr member
    My Ridge has a strong chase drive so I'm a little worried about letting him off the leash. He does focus very well and he loves lure coursing. I was thinking of putting a lure on the back of my sadde to start training him. He can run all day in this Texas heat. I really want him to work out as a trail dog.
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tTramp14 View Post
    Your cattle dog went 30km with you? I just got one and am hoping to make her a trail dog, she already does great on runs and hikes but i haven't had her out with the bike yet. I was thinking a 10 mile ride would be alot but 18 WOW... can't wait!
    30km was a bit too much, but the trail was one continuous single track, so no shortcut possible. 10-15km is out usual length, and he slows down a but towards the end. 5km out front, 5km side by side, 5km behind is our usual routine! ;-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

here it is :)

Post your dog with your single speed-piper_peace.jpg

mtbr member
    Man, I love this thread already. Also have a weak spot for cattle dogs, even though they're rare here in Sweden.

Have a whippet myself (about ten months old), and have just started training him to tag along on bike rides. Longing for spring though, as snow makes it impossible for trail rides at the moment.

On wuss patrol
    He rides in my backpack

Post your dog with your single speed-image.jpg
    Post your dog with your single speed-image.jpeg
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    pompa, what do you call that doggie.

I was hoping for a lot more traffic on this thread, great idea.

mtbr member
    Here's my pit with my fixed gear Blackbuck.

No known cure
    This was late summer of 2013. Home trail in the So Cal mountains
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-348.jpg  

Ripping trails and tipping ales

No known cure
    Since we're showing RRs. This was mine at 11 months and 140 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-arrr138.jpg  

Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Ridgebacks are so underated as trail dogs! They are a great all purpose hunting dog too! I'm surprised there not more popular.

My Bullmastiff was more of a trail head dog. He would wait patiently at the trail head while I'd do laps!
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    She is called Piper

mtbr member

dogs

did about 3000kms last year
    australian cattle dog mix, rescued 2 years ago
    took 100kms of on leash, tied to my arm to get him trustable on the trail.

now he will wait at intersections for me to catch up and tell him what way to go In group rides he either rides 1st, second or at the very back, depending on pace and number of riders.

got intestinal cancer in december 2015, surgery and chemo still riding strong with the geared fat bike in the winter.

tried to upload more pics, but wont load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-11150762_10155394039400623_250245692507834341_n.jpg  

Post your dog with your single speed-20160101_095039.jpg  

Post your dog with your single speed-20141212_101333.jpg  

If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member

Cane Corso

not single speed, but the big one was supposed to walk with her human mom....oops...did 9kms of geared fat biking and never looked back...whos the favorite now .... sorry no actual single speed posts with the big girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-20160122_094735-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    “Lucky Species” – 3-year old Lab. Highland Recreation Area, Highland Michigan. Dec 2015. She leads the way for 16 miles.

RockOn

JAB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-feb-2016-ss-creature.jpg  

mtbr member
    Post your dog with your single speed-uploadfromtaptalk1454857241318.jpg

This is Toots. My 3 year old daughter calls her Tootsie. Toots is a chocolate lab. We got her off CL for free from a military family PCSing to Alaska. She was a natural trail dog. I never had to train her, she just followed me and never ran away. I don't take her out in the summer in Texas, she doesn't hang with that well. Her other favorite hobby is fetch. She will play fetch all. day. long.

PS That's an old variation of my bike. I got an on one lurcher and no longer use the mary bars.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Post your dog with your single speed-ss.jpg
    Post your dog with your single speed-ssocold.jpg

Eastern Sierra CA
    Civilian Luddite
    Aussie/German Shepherd mix- almost 8 now. Been a trail dog since she was 8 months old. Still follows or leads me on rides every chance she gets.
    Last edited by 11053; 02-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.

mtbr member

This is Ketchup on his first trail ride!

Post your dog with your single speed-img_20151225_163436_01.jpg
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11053 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	1048357

Name:	SSOCOLD.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	1048358
    Wow that is a beautiful landscape, dog, and bike. Where are those pictures?

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Viva la Vida!

My RM Hammer 29 SS and Guagui.
    He's a 3 yo Mexican Border Retriever weights in at 95lbs and we are almost at the 10M mark.
    He's a very smart dog and it's always off leash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

mtbr member
    Every time I look at this thread I smile! Keep the photos coming!
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    He rides in my backpack

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	1047721

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	1047722
    What a smile!! Nice Voodoo too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Click Click Boom View Post

Name:	IMG_20151225_163436_01.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	1048367
    Careful at CyCreek off leash. Some of those folks will LOSE THEIR MINDS, threats, call the law, yada yada. Great looking dog!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Mollie is a 2 year old cattle dog - pit mix that we rescued. We're working on the trail dog training and she's improving. Still likes to follow the nose a bit so I have to keep on her but she's up to 4 miles at a time. Sorry no pic of the dog and bike together.

And hey, Click Click Boom, hit me up and we can shred CyCreek or CyWood together. We do a regular Wednesday nighter at CyCreek, every week at 5:15 and 6:15 at Glenway.

Post your dog with your single speed-mollie-1.jpgPost your dog with your single speed-salsa-night.jpg

mtbr member
    I usually work Wednesday nights. But Sunday afternoon works. I ride with a group from the shop.

I'm riding Huntsville Tomorrow. I'm trying to get a half century in tomorrow.
    Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Post your dog with your single speed-imageuploadedbytapatalk1455458413.787545.jpg
    My little trail buddy died suddenly last week. 5 year old chocolate lab seemingly healthy and fit( vet thinks it was a blood clot. I'm still in shock. I've taken this dog to dozens of races, camping trips, the beach everywhere. He was either under my desk or in my suv when I was working. Rip Hank

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365468420.236786.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. When I lost my Bullmastiff I was beside myself. There are many variations of this story but I like this one. This story helped me through. Sorry if this is off topic.

The old man was so tired; he closed his eyes and dozed off. He began to dream, a vivid dream... "NO" he thought, this is no dream, and yet, what else could it be? He looked down at his arms, they were the arms of a young man, he was no longer old? He was standing beside a dirt road out in the country it was a beautiful day, the hills were covered with emerald green grass and knurled oak trees, it was so beautiful here? Then, seemingly, from out of nowhere, his dog Shep was by his side. But hadn't Shep been a pet of his youth? Then it dawned on him, he must have "crossed over." He must have died in his sleep. If so, all his fears of death had been silly; he felt better than he has ever felt in his life - this was the most beautiful place, the most beautiful day...

Shep dropped a stick at his feet and backed up excitedly, looking down at the stick then up at him, obviously anxious for him to throw it, anxious to play. He knelt down and took Shep's head between his hands and kissed him on the top of his head, his heart filled with joy, thrilled at what seemed to have occurred, thrilled with this new "reality." He felt better than he had ever felt in life...

He threw the stick for Shep and watched him bound excitedly after it, bringing it back over and over. He realized Shep was getting thirsty. Looking around he could not see any creek or stream or other place for Shep to get a drink so he decided they should start walking down the road. They hadn't gone very far when they came to a great marble arch with a gold gate and a gold road leading over a small hill. He could see and feel a warm glow coming from over the hill, next to the gate was a large pulpit upon which stood a saintly looking man wearing a white robe and having a long grey beard; very distinguished looking.

"What is this place?" he asked.

"Why don't you know? You've reached the Gates of Heaven," replied the man.

"May I enter?" he asked, in wonder.

"Hmmm... Let me look in my book." He turned a few pages and appeared to skim the contents. "Why, Yes! Your name is written here. You are welcome to enter." He gestured with one arm.

"And my dog, he can come in too? He's very thirsty."

"Sorry, but no. Absolutely not! I'm sorry, but dogs aren't allowed in heaven."

The man thought about this for a few seconds. "Well, if my dog isn't welcome then I guess I really don't belong here either."

"Suit yourself, but know this: If you turn your back on this gate you will never get a second chance to enter."

He turned his back on heaven and continued down the road with Shep by his side. It was odd, all his life he had hoped to enter heaven, now he had turned his back on his only chance to enter. Yet, he felt strangely good about it. In fact, somehow, he could not manage to muster even a slight twinge of regret? In his heart he felt he had done "the right thing." As he walked down the road, the countryside seemed to continue to get more and more beautiful and his sense of well being grew stronger and stronger. He crested another hill and walked down into the most beautiful valley, the most beautiful place, he had ever been. Wildflowers bloomed everywhere, insects buzzed, and gorgeous butterflies he had never seen before flitted from flower to flower.

By and by, his walk down the road brought him to another gate, just an old rail fence. There was a man standing off to one side. For the most part, he looked like a farmer. He was sitting on the fence. He was wearing denim coveralls and had on an old straw hat. He was idly holding a stem of grass between his lips. Just off the road on the other side of the gate was a well.

"Hello" he said to the farmer. "May I enter here and get a bucket of water from your well? My dog is awfully thirsty."

"Of course you may. You and your dog are both welcome here." The farmer smiled.

So, he walked through the gate and proceeded to lower the bucket into the well. "Where am I?" he asked the farmer.

"Son, you've reached the gates of heaven." The farmer's smile broadened.

The man began to notice that the farmer possessed a holy, angelic visage. "Really? Are you sure? A man back there said the other place was the gate of heaven?"

"Oh, yes. I know who you mean. He tells everyone that. But then you know 'the devil is a liar.'" The holy man smirked and shook his head. "Did you truly think God would ever let anyone pass through the real gates of heaven who was willing to leave his best friend in life alone and thirsty by the side of the road?"

Chumba Stella
    King Cielo- For Sale
    Kestrel Legend SL
    Soma Rush

mtbr member

He is so much more

than a bobcat chasing trail dog. He's learning to ride now also! Post your dog with your single speed-fullsizerender-258.jpg
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

mtbr member
    Sorry. its the most surreal feeling ever. They don't say one logical word to you, but Im sure in 5 years Hank had spoken more to you then anyone else you know. Sorry about your loss.

banned
    Dec 2010
    Here's my dog after his first trail ride. About three miles on fire roads but he loved it. We have done some single track that may not have been legal too and he loves it. None with he bike but I'll get done soon.
    Got him from the pound, don't know what he is but he howls like a coyote and swims like a lab

mtbr member

First time our 10 month old whippet joined me for a ride in the woods. Still needs a lot of training but we both had tons of fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    ...Got him from the pound..
    Sleeping with a smile...

Pure Awesomeness!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

my trail dog

Post your dog with your single speed-fenway-singlespeed.jpg
    She has a ton of energy and loves to go riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Singlespeeding is good for dogs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-1004479_10154187049328287_5849981824344989423_n.jpg  

loves going on rides...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your dog with your single speed-734808_10101236825872933_365138938_n.jpg  

Post your dog with your single speed-12417840_10103693714952523_9171427519912518003_n.jpg  

banned
    Dec 2010
    Finally got a couple with both